Kisses in the Rain

Kisses in the Rain

Dan's P.O.V 

There was something wrong with Darcy and it broke my heart. She would stop talking to me, she would stay in her room for a whole day and I missed her. Why wouldn't she open up to me or Phil? I tried asking her what was wrong but she would tell me she as fine, I didn't believe her. I loved her and seeing her like this made me feel horrible.

Darcy's P.O.V 

Day five of trying to stop loving Dan but nothing has worked.  

I tried ignoring him. I tried focusing on the things I didn't like about him which was hard because there weren't any. I tried everything I thought would stop my over powering feelings from growing any further but nothing worked. I gave up because now whenever I was just in the same room as him, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It was that bad.  

I finished my lunch and made my way back to the couch where I sat and listened as Phil entered the room, joining me.  

"Okay Darcy, i'm serious now. Why are you acting so weird? What's wrong?" I sighed and shook my head, not saying anything because my lies were too easily detected.  

"Look, if it's something I have done wrong, or Dan has done wrong, I will fix it. I promise! But I can't help unless you tell me what's wrong" I shook my head at Phil, facing him. 

"It's not that Phil, you've done nothing wrong. But you wouldn't understand okay?" I tried reasoning with him but he wasn't having it. 

"I will! I promise I won't judge or laugh or anything, you know I love you" Phil have me a pleading face, pushing his bottom lip out and staring at me with wide eyes. He looked like a sad puppy, and I was starting to feel guilty. He genuinely wanted to know what was wrong and he promised he wouldn't judge. 

"Okay..." I gave in and Phil grinned. I sat up, turning the TV off and facing him properly.  

"I..." Phil nodded, egging me to continue. 

"Well... I..." I breathed out heavily in attempt to calm my nerves. I guess now was the time.  

"I love Dan, and I've had feelings for him since I first met him. I can't stop thinking about him and I don't know what to do. I can't take it, I just love him so much"

Phil's P.O.V 

I waited and as she started speaking I noticed a figure approaching from behind and I gasped.

Dan's P.O.V 

I heard voices from the living room, and I knew Darcy and Phil were chatting. I needed to talk to her, I missed out talks and our hugs. I missed watching TV with her and I missed her smile.  

I got off my bed, shutting my laptop and placing it aside before shuffling to my door and opening it. I followed the sound of Phil's voice to the living room and as I entered Darcy spoke.  

"I love Dan, and i've had feeling for him since we first met him. I can't stop thinking about him and I don't know what to do. I can't take it, I just love him so much"  

There was a moment of silence as I made eye contact with Phil. He gasped and time slowed as Darcy turned around, eyes widening as she saw me. My own heart was thumping in my chest and I felt like I was going to vomit.  

Darcy yelped and brought her hands to her mouth, jumping up and screaming.  

"Oh god, I didn't mean it! NO!" She screamed and ran to the front door, her sobbing filling my ears. I ran after her, my body processing the moment faster than my head was.  

"DARCY WAIT!" I yelled and ran after her but as she stepped in the elevator, the doors shut and I had missed her.  

"Shit!" I cursed and ran towards the stairs where I proceeded to speed down them as fast as I could, Phil close behind. It was times like this I wished I was more fit. As I reached the lobby I searched everywhere, trying to spot Darcy in the small crowds of people everywhere. Soon I spotted her running towards the door but I chased after her, getting closer. The security guard eyed us suspiciously as I raced her outside, only a metre away from her.  

"Darcy!" I yelled and grabbed her wrist. She was sobbing loudly and I hadn't noticed it was raining till now. 

"Dan, I-I didn't mean it i'm s-sorry Dan I just I wasn't thinking and well -Ph-Phil was just-" I cut her off. 

"I love you too" She stopped sobbing and looked up at me, her hair falling over her beautiful face. Once again time slowed, I stepped closer to her and grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to my body. I searched her eyes for any signs that she didn't want this but there wasn't any. I bit my lip and glanced at hers before staring back in her eyes and grabbing her face gently. I slowly leant in and our lips met in a kiss full of love and patience. I wanted this, I wanted this for so long. I loved Darcy with all my heart, mind and spirit.  

Darcy's P.O.V 

After those magical words left his mouth I felt butterflied erupt in my belly and I struggled to breath. Before I could process what was happening our lips had collided and I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him closer, feeling him smile into the kiss. It was soft and gentle as if he didn't want to hurt me. His hands dropped back down to my waist, holding me and his lips were soft and warm, moving with mine in perfection. Loving and sweet, just like he was. There was no room for doubt or secrets or hatred. I was giving my life to him and asking for his so for one moment, he wouldn't doubt I wanted that. Because I did. I wanted him and that's all I ever wanted.  

We broke away, breathless and panting, stupid grins on our faces. My hands never left his neck and his never left my waist as we stared at each other, completely ignoring the rain that was soaking us.  

"I don't know what to say" I whispered, loud enough that Dan could hear though.  

"I love you" he openly admitted and I giggled, feeling at the top of the world.  

"I love you more" He shook his head, disagreeing with my statement. 

"Darcy? Will you be my girlfriend?" I nodded quickly and he brought me into a giant bear hug, holding me strong and protectively. I was happy, no I was BEYOND happy. I felt so high, like my life was one hundred percent perfect. Daniel James Howell loves me...

"Let's head back inside, its freezing cold and your only wearing a shirt" Dan spoke and let go of me, pulling me back onto the building. As we entered, Dan had already taken his hoody off and was handing it to me. It was still warm as I placed it on, slightly damp on the outside but it was fairly waterproof.  

"Thanks" I said and he shot me a giant smile before holding his hand out. I chuckled and we connected our hands before walking back up to the apartment. The door was opened and I assumed that Phil had returned after knowing Darcy and I were okay. We entered the apartment, hand in hand. I couldn't believe it, only a matter minutes ago I was concealing my feelings for Dan and now we were together.

"Hello lovebirds" Phil joked as he stepped into the living room. I felt my cheeks burn red and I looked down. 

"Sorry, sorry.... But congratulations. Pity neither of you told me beforehand" I bit my lip and looked up and Dan. Even he hadn't told Phil?  

"Sorry man" Dan apologised and Phil brushed it off immediatly.  

"Well, pizza for dinner?" I asked, truly hungry and in need of something to warm me up. 

"Sure, but I think you two should dry off" I laughed and nodded, following Dan down the hall to change and what not.