Chapter 18: Answers

Xander and I set off to his friend that he talked about. Xander has been trying to block off his mind so I can't read it. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it has to do with this "friend".
After an hour of driving into the middle of no where, I see a house. It's a small yellow house decorated with cherry blossoms and lilacs. Very pretty. I thought to mtself. And definitely a girl.
Xander parked his car and with a sigh I exit the vehicle.
Xander and I walk to the door and he knocks three times.

"Hello." A women said answering.
"Hey Andrea." Xander said in nervous voice.
"Xander. Been a while." The lady said in a cold voice.
She glanced over at me and I stood up striaght.
"This is Lacey. My mate."
She raid her eyebrows and moved to the side to invite us in.
Once, we entered she closed the door.
"So, what do you want?" She asked well, more think demanded.
"Uh well Lacey here can read my thoughts but-"
"Is not a werewolf." She interrupted, intrigued. She walk to me and start playing with a strand of my hair.
"My name is Andrea. And you are we we like to call a seeker."
I moved my face and stared at her. "What's a seeker?" I asked.
She laughed and walked around me to a wooden table and sat down. Xander and I followed.

"A seeker isn't necessarily a witch because they don't practice. They are descendents of generations of witches. Mostly black arts." She said with a pause. "One of the most powerful witches fell in love with a creature that was forbidden. One that would change into a man then into a wolf."
"A werewolf." I said.
She nodded.
"Her and that creature ran off together after their species disowned them. But what people didn't know is that she did a spell where werewolves and the witches could see each other for who they were. Some werewolves were angry that they started falling in love so they exposed them to the public. A few of them ended up having kids and living happily. Others well, they made the witches burn."
I gasp. "That is horrible."
"What was the spell?" Xander asked.
Andrea smirked when Xander asked that.
"The spell is the reason you have mates. However, the spell spread to everyone, not just witches. Humans and other werewolves too."
"How does this all link to me reading Xanders mind without being a werewolf?"
"Reading his mind isn't the only ability that you have." She said with a scuff. "Now tell me what is your full name?"
Furrowing  my eyebrows I replied," Lacey O'Brien Winters."
"O'Brien?"
"It was my mother's madian name."
"Well then." With that she stood up and opened the front door.
"Time to go."

Xander and I looked at each other confused and stood up.
"We aren't going anywhere." Xander said.
"What's the deal with my name?" I asked.
Andrea sighed, "You are the direct descendant of Mary O'Brien. The witch that created mates. That is the reason for abilities. Now leave." She said hurriedly.
We quickly left and started driving back to the pack house confused.