Chapter 5:Mates

Lacey woke up to Victoria leaving.
She let her stay at her place until she sobered up. Lacey walked into the bathroom after grabbing a navy blue shirt, some jeans and black undergarments. She got a cream colored towel from under the sink and took a shower. When, she was all clean she got out and dried off. She got dressed, got into her car and drove to the salon.
"How may I help you dear?" A lady asked Lacey.
"Um I want a hair cut."
"Alright come on back and I'll do that for ya."
Lacey nodded and followed the lady.
"I'm Cherly and what's yours?"
"Lacey."
"Lacey how short do you want it?" She asked when Lacey sat down.
"Just a little past my shoulders." Lacey answered.
Cherly nodded and started away.
After about an hour she was done.
"Can I donate your hair darlin'?"
Lacey nodded said a quick bye and left.
  When, Lacey was at her house she stared in the woods. She started thinking how she was talking about werewolves to Xander. She smiled at the thought of Xander. Lacey started to walk towards the woods. She got deeper into the darkness. It was getting colder from the lack of sun.
Lacey kept walking until she didn't know where she was. She looked around her and couldn't find any sign of life. She started to hear pounding. Like a herd of deer or something. The pounding stopped and Lacey's breathing was getting heavy. She heard leaves crunching and snaps of branches. Lacey was getting frantic.
"Uh hello." She whispered.
  Lacey had no clue why she whispered hello, she just did it out of reflex.
  She heard steps coming towards her then, a moonlight blue wolf came towards her. Lacey started to hyperventilat, but then she saw it's eyes. They were an amber color with specks of blue. The wolf walked slowly towards her with his head bent down to show he was not aggressive. Lacey didn't know that the wolf is Xander, but she did know it wasn't going to hurt her.
Xander was right in front of her now and Lacey smiled.
"You are gorgeous." Lacey said petting the wolf.
Xander leaned into her touch. They both felt the sparks that was enlightening their bodies.
Xander was having a mental battle. He was asking himself if he should shift so she would know or not. He quickly made up his mind and shifted.
Lacey yelped and quickly removed her hand.
"Xander!" Lacey glared. "You're a fucking werewolf!?"
Xander was shocked at Lacey.
"You are not scared of me."
"Uh no, but I'm pretty mad. You could have told me you were a fucking werewolf."
"Lacey I just met you yesterday. This is the second time meeting."
Lacey calmed down and nodded, but then she went wide eyed.
"Oh my." Lacey said covering her eyes and backing up.
Xander gave her a confused look but then smirked.
"Xander, but some clothes on." Lacey sheirked.
"Nah, I'm good. You're gonna see it sooner or later." He shrugged.
Lacey huffed and uncovered her eyes.
"Excuse me! Did you just say that I was gonna have sex with you?!" She glared.
Xander eyes widened.
"No! I forgot you didn't know."
Lacey furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"Know what?"
"That we're mates."
All was still until Lacey yelled, "WHAT!" Birds flew out if the trees and Xander tried to calm her down.
"Shh Lacey I know it's a lot to sink in, but it's true."
Lacey took a deep breath in and exaled.
"Okay. I can work with that."
Xander raised his eyebrows at her.
"I mean your obviously hot and nice so, that a plus. You seem big enough to take on a few enemies." Lacey rambled.
Xander was finding this extremely amusing.
"I'm hot, strong, and nice. Wow." Xander said smiling.
Lacey rolled her eyes.
"So you have a pack?" Lacey asked
Xander nodded.
"Okay, can we talk at my house it's eeri here?"
Xander shurgged. "Sure."
They started walking back were Lacey came from. Lacey stopped making Xander stop.
"Uh you still don't have clothes." She said to Xander.
"Oh yeah, hang on." Xander left behind a tree a couple of feet back. He came out with basketball shorts.
  Xander and Lacey were walking close together where their hands were almost touching. Xander wanted to grab it, but didn't want to scare Lacey. They made it to Lacey's house and went inside.
"Does anybody else live here?" Xander asked coming in.
"No, just me." Lacey said opening the curtains letting sun through. They both sat down on her couch and Lacey went ahead and dug in.
"What's your pack called?"
"Mudrunner pack."
"Seriously?"
"Yes. How old are you?" Xander asked
"18. My birthday is coming up though. Okay how old are you?"
Xander didn't mind her age she was legal.
"21. When is your birthday?"
"August 29th. What titles are there?"
"Alpha, beta, gamma or third in command, then doctor, and omgea. Have any siblings?" Xander replied.
"No siblings. What title are you?"
"Beta." Xander said proudly. "Why'd you cut your hair?"
"Wanted something shorter. Did you want a mate?" Lacey asked.
Xander couldn't believe his ears.
"Of course I wanted a mate and now that I have one I'm the happiest man on the planet." Lacey's heart fluttered at that.
"Do you want me as your mate?" Xander asked.
Lacey nodded with a blush.
"Do you have any siblings?'
Xander nodded. "She's younger, her name is Katrina."
Lacey nodded.
"Now Xander tell me something gruesome about werewolf history."
*~*
↓↓
Authors note
Hope you are liking the story so far. Tell me if you like the separate POVs or the third person.
Comment and voteplease. :)