Three's a Crowd!

Gabe's POV

Esteban was out of the competition and it was down to me, Elena, and Isabel. I didn't know the competition yet, lets hope it's not another round of trivia, I am so bad at trivia.

"This competitions win is a prize two will take, one will break, take it to the top and never stop."

"What does that mean?" Isabel asked.

"Make it to the top, make it to the top," Elena repeated over and over.

"I got it!" I shouted.

"What?" Elena asked longingly.

"That." I said pointing to a mountain, let me rephrase a very large mountain.

"Oh." Elena said.

"Well we better start." I said, "It's a long way up!"

"Ya." Elena replied.

"You are aware this is a competition, we have to compete alone." Isabel said.

"He never clarified." I said indifferently.

"Well I'm starting over there at least some what on my own." She said walking over a bit on the mountain.

Elena looked really sad.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"Bad day to wear a dress." She sighed, "And heels."

"Oh, remember I brought you a bag with a change of clothes, the maids gave it to me." I said.

"I dropped it somewhere in the competition probably." She said.

"Let's check the meadow real quick." I said starting to walk.

She put her hand on my shoulder, "What if Isabel beats us and one of us gets out because of me."

"Your worth it," I replied.

"Awwwwwwww Gabe thank you! That was so sweet." She said.

"Plus Isabel is wearing a dress too."

She giggled.

"There's the bag!" Elena shouted. She picked up the red backpack as she walked behind a large stone structure for privacy.

She walked out in brown boots that went to a bit below her knees, a red shirt, and faded jeans. Only one word came to mind 'Perfection'

Elena's POV

Gabe was such a gentleman so sweet and kind.....I just wish...I could tell him how much he meant to me but, if he doesn't like me back I don't know what that would mean for our friendship. I  realized I was staring when Gabe said,

"Elena are you ready."

"Ya, you know you don't have to stay with me Gabe you can go on ahead if you want."

"It's my job to protect you!" He said. He said this so often I can't believe someone could be so sweet, kind, handsome....I'm getting off track.

We reached the mountain and started climbing upwards. Honesty I was so scared I was going to fall with all the rough edges and rocks falling it wouldn't be hard which is why I was relieved to reach a flat trail on the mountain.

"Took you long enough!" Isabel said sarcastically she already made it I guess.

"How long have you been up here?" I asked.

"15, 20 minutes. Hey no fair you got a change of clothes!" She said looking down at her now dirty and ripped dress.

"Well maybe if you slowed down and came with us you could have changed too." Elena replied to her sister's snarky remark.