Preference #12 He helps you while you're sick

•Dan•
You have a cold for a week now and you have no energy to get out of bed and do something productive. At least you have your boyfriend of three years you've been living with for a few months now. He has been taking care of you.

"Dan, I have an headache." You tell him, that's one of the things that is bothering you. Another thing is a runny noise and sometimes a dry throat. "I'll get you some Advil." Dan says and leaves the bedroom before coming back with some Advil and a glass of water. "Here." He says handing it over to you. "Thanks." You say, taking the Advil. "Do you need a new box of tissues?" He asks and you nod slightly because your head still hearts. He hands a new box to you, it's your third today.

>•<

You've slept for a bit and when waking up you can't see Dan anywhere in the bedroom. He normally always sits at his desk with his computer, never leaving your side. He actually wanted to lay next you, but you told him he shouldn't otherwise he would get sick too.

You hear the door opening. "I made you some soup." He says, giving you a cup. It's your favourite soup. "Thanks Dan." You thank him sipping from your soup, which is delicious and that says a lot.

When you're done eating Dan takes the cup bringing it back to the kitchen but coming back immediately. "I'm going to sleep." You tell him. When you close your eyes, some simple melody fills up the room. Dan knows you can easily fall asleep whilst he plays a song on his piano. With the smoothing music you drift off to sleep in no time.

•Phil•
One moment you lay under the covers because you're shivering and another moment you're taking off the covers because you're too hot. "We should take your temperature." Phil says, giving you the thermometer. You place it under your armpit, then you wait for a while until you hear the alarm going off. "How much is it?" He asks you. "39 degrees (or 102 Fahrenheit)" You tell him. "I'll give you a cloth to put on your forehead." He says, leaving the spare bedroom Phil is your best friend and you got sick the second day you are staying with him for a week.

"Here." Phil goes back into the bedroom, putting the warm (?) cloth on your forehead. "Thank you." You say.

>•<

You're trying to sleep for a while now, but how hard you try you just can't. Phil told you you could always text him when you need something. A few minutes after he texts you he walks in. "What's wrong?" He asks. "I can't fall asleep." You tell him, you see him walking out of the room to come back later with his computer. "We can watch a movie together." He says, laying next to you.

"You will get sick." You tell him. "I don't care." He says choosing out a movie. In the middle of the movie you fall asleep on Phil's shoulder. You can feel him moving around, but you don't know what he's doing.

The next day you wake up cuddled with Phil. With your head on his chest, his arms around your body keeping you safe, your legs are tangled with his. That's the best way to wake up to.

And that's how they take care of you whilst your sick. I would love to fall asleep with a piano melody. And I would love to wake up still cuddled to Phil.

Yara