13

Like and comment. And this chapter gonna be sappy af :))

We pull away from the hug "three years is a long time huh?" My dad asks.

I can't help but laugh a little "yes. A very long time." My dad wipes the tears from my cheeks and smiles at me as tears fall down his.

I return the favor and wipe his tears.

"I'll make coffee yeah?" I state rather than ask and walk over to the old coffee pot.

My dad sits at the little table in the kitchen "how'd you get in here anyways?" I asked him as I put coffee grounds into the coffee maker.

"I saw Trevor at the airport and we talked. He gave me the extra key after scolding me for hardly talking to you." He starts getting quieter at the end.

"Why did you hardly talk to me?" I ask and push start on the coffee maker "and are you hungry?"

"Your mother told me that she talked to you everyday, so I listened to her." He said "and a little bit." He added, answering my question about being hungry.

"She never talked to me after I moved. Except for last night. Why didn't you just talk to me? Why did you have to rely on information from her? Do you know how hard it was for me to move here with little to no money, huge ass student loans, and no support from my family except Kyle?" My voice cracks at the end as I put a bagel in the toaster.

"No I don't, but I tried sending money out here for you. Your mom would always take it to the mail box for me before she left for work. I've also tried calling you but your mom said that you changed your number."

The bagel popped and I took it out of the toaster, trying to think how to reply to him.

I took peanut butter out of the cupboard and cream cheese out of the fridge, mixing a little bit of both into a bowl and spreading it onto the bagel.

"She's a lying bitch." I whispered angrily while giving my dad his food.

The aroma of coffee filled the apartment, I'm hoping it tastes good, I ran out and before Jc drove me home he gave me some of Connors coffee to try. I think it was Common Culture or something like that.

I sit at the table across from my dad, and look out the window watching the cars go by on the side streets. Little kids were running out to bus stops and moms and dads were waving goodbye to their precious children. A smile snuck to my face as I thought about that being me out their with a little family of my own.

"So how's your boyfriend? JJ right?" My dad asks trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

"The little shit cheated on me more than once so we broke up." I look at him with a straight face. An emotion is missing from me. Happiness? Joy? Anger? Sadness. I wasn't sad anymore. I was confused, hurt, happy, angry.

My dads jaw clenched. "Are you alright?" He asks softly.

I nod "we were falling apart anyways. Our relationship wasn't healthy anymore. I just don't know why he felt the need to cheat on me instead of talk to me. But I can't talk cause I kissed Jc."

My dads eyes grew wide right as the coffee maker went off signaling it was done. Instead of waiting for him to be angry or disappointed at me I get up and fill two cups of coffee. My dads black, mine with a little bit of milk.

I bring them back to the table and set his in front of him.

He stares at me with a huge ass smile on his face "wow he really had the guts?" He shook his head not believing that Jc would actually kiss me.