10

Like and comment! This one is like really long.

I slam my laptop shut and rub my temples. The bank is threatening to put my building up for public auction. This shouldn't be happening, I worked so hard for this.

Tears involuntarily run down my cheeks and I wipe them away. The door opens but I don't look up.

"Hey- Sam?" The all too familiar voice echoes through the apartment. I look up and see Trevor standing there.

Before I can think anything of it, I run to him and wrap my arms around his torso and start crying.

He hugs me back without saying anything, which I mentally thank him for.

Trevor pulls away and puts my stray hair behind my ear. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks quietly.

"It's just, you know my business?" He nods. "It's getting closed because I don't have the money to pay."

"Don't you have that photography job? At the place tonight?" My head shoots up and I look at him.

"Shit! Yes! Oh my god." I start jumping up and down. "Trevor!1!1!"

He laughs "wait, why are you here?" I asked confused.

"I wanted to help you look your best tonight!" He says smiling. I'm so thankful for that, I can only do casual make up and I need statement make up tonight.

This place is going to be filled with upper class, rich, probably snobby people and I need to look my best.
-
It's now 7 o'clock and the event starts at 8.

Trevor and I go to the bathroom where he starts to do my hair. He decided to do two simple French braids that cascade down my back.

Which took half an hour to do cause I kept moving. I can't sit still it's bad. He finally got them perfect and high fived him self which I thought was cute.

"OKAY! Now make up!" He cheers as he grabs my make up bag. Trevor does my makeup, quickly if I might add then kisses my forehead. "There you go!"

I go to the mirror too look, but he told me to put my dress on first. I go to my room and slip the dress on and Trevor zips the back up.

I'm finally able to look in the mirror and smile. I look like I belong in a group full of preppy people.

I slip on my shoes and grab my black clutch, and my camera, making sure to put a new memory card in it. "Okay, well you're 2 minutes late and your uber is down stairs, have fun!"

I thank Trevor and basically run down the stairs, I almost trip and die but that's okay cause I make it to the uber in one piece.
-
I sling my camera over my shoulder and get out of the uber. I tripped over my dress getting out and I think I heard some snickering. Oh well.

I walk into the lobby of the building. The lady at the counter informs me to go down the stairs and the room is there. I take a deep breath and tightly hold my camera to my body.

I walk down the hall and see the marble stair case ahead. I pray to god I don't fall down the stairs because knowing me, I can trip over air.

I stand at the top of the stairs and see everybody looking at me. Tf, I ain't no Cinderella they need to stop.

I descend down the long stair case and observe the people who still feel the need to stare at me. I realized I'm the only girl wearing fully white and I want to push my self down the stairs myself.

I reach the bottom so I can't. Shame.

I'm greeted by a familiar face and hug the wrinkled old lady. "Hey grandma." I squeal as I hug her tightly.