You're All The Hope I Need (Pt. 2 My Vertual Heart)~ Sword Art Online

This second part was requested by: Underworld_Otaku
This is the second part of a one-shot that has already been written, so please read part one before continuing. Thank you.

~Kirito's POV~

I slowly woke up and sat upright from my bed. Just a few weeks ago I had been released from the World of Aincrad, and Sword Art Online. A few weeks ago was also the time I watched my best friend and lover give their life for me and Asuna. For everyone who had been trapped in SAO...

That VRMMORPG is now gone and deleted forever. Asuna and I made sure of that. If it ever came back- which I was sure it wouldn't- I would be there to stop it. I looked over to the NerveGear Headset with a growing glare, I hadn't laid a finger on it even since I woke up from the hospital. It reminded me too much of her death...

I stood from the bed and stretched out, popping my back. The strange thing next was that my doorbell rang. I stepped downstairs and opened the door and saw a package that was addressed to me.. It was from Andrew, or else known as Agil when we were in SAO.

I picked up the box and brought it inside, kicking the door closed with my foot. I set the box down onto the sofa and pulled out a box-opener from a drawer in the kitchen. I walked back over to the package and slipped the knife through the tape across the top.
I then set the knife on the coffee table behind me and opened the two flaps to the cardboard box.

Inside I saw a game cartridge with a note attached to the top. I peeled off the note and opened the slip of paper. After glancing over the first few sentences, I began to swiftly read through it, very precisely.

Kirito,
I think you may want to take a look at this game. You know how (Y/n) was killed inside SAO? Well, that may not be true. Everyone's saying that they are meeting up with friends in this game who had died previously in SAO. Something about they're profile data being saved into the NerveGear and automatically being transferred to this game. Thought you might wanna check if (Y/n) survived too.
-Your friend,
Andrew (Agil)

My eyes were now as wide as saucepans as I finished the letter. I picked up the cartridge from the bottom of the box and rushed upstairs into my room, locking the door behind me. I opened up the piece of plastic and took out the game, then inserted it into the headset slot. I plugged in the headset to the charger and then slipped it on over my head, turning on the power. I laid down onto my bed before the NerveGear fully activated and I lost my consciousness.

•••

I slowly opened my eyes as I once again entered the World of Aincrad. The whole room seemed to be a shade of white mixed with grey. In front of me there was a keypad that read "Please insert a Username".

I quickly typed in Kirito and send away the information to the system. Then, a new panel showed up and it told me to select a character type. The types were Sylph, Salamander, Leprechaun, Cat Sith, Spriggan, Undine, Imp, Gnome and Pooka.

I chose Spriggan because it looked most like my last avatar from SAO. I entered yes and allowed the system to take in all the information I had entered. It took a minute, but the system finally loaded all the data and booted up the game.

The white room dissolved and I was then standing in a forest, when a warning signal appeared in front of me. "WARNING: Due to system failure, your avatar has been transported to a forest outside of a town instead of Spriggan territory."

I didn't take much meaning to it, so I activated my options menu and scrolled down. Luckily, the Log Out button was still in tact. I sighed in relief and then checked my items. What was weird was that I had all the items I had collected from SAO.

Realizing something, I scrolled down until I found the one item of complete importance. (Y/n)'s Heart. "No way.... that means that I can... I can finally bring her back." I said to myself, trembling a little bit as I hovered my finger above the equip option.

Finally, after a few minutes of hesitation, I selected the button and watched as the item took place on the ground in front of me. It began to glow and shake as it levitated into the air, causing me to take a few steps back.

A familiar figure began to take shape, and I felt my heart begin to race with anticipation. When the form was finally constructed, the girl I had learned to love was standing there, still unconscious while standing. A progress bar appeared above her head and counted upwards as more and more information downloaded.

Downloading avatar data...
Previous personality traits...
Memories...
Transporting data from Sword Art Online VRMMORPG...
Accessing NerveGear in hospital Odaiba...
Download: Complete.

That's when I remembered. (Y/n)'s body was never buried, we only made a gravestone for her. The hospital was still receiving signs of life, so they didn't take her off of Life Support. That means she should wake up if she logs out of the game!

My lips curled up into a shaky smile as her eyes opened and she took subtle breaths. It was her, for real, standing in front of me. It took her a moment to realize where she was. She was dressed as a (Fairy Type) avatar, and had a sword on her waist belt that matched the model from SAO.

"(Y/... Y/n)..?" I said, piping up.

She immediately turned her gaze over to me. Her eyes widened as she processed what she saw. Me, she saw me. "No way... wait... Kirito?" She asked, voice shaky.

I could swear that we both has tears rolling down our cheeks at the same time. "Yeah... It's me. I brought you back with an item from SAO... I..."

I couldn't bring myself to continue speaking as I ran up and hugged her tightly, sobbing. She cried to, but brought herself to laugh all the same. "Hey, hey, it's alright. I'm alive." She reassured, lightly rubbing my back as I held her tightly.

"I thought I lost you... I swear I'll never let you die ever again under my watch..."

She gave a small smile and a laugh. "Thank you, Kirito. I'm just glad you made it out alive. What about Asuna?" She asked.

I slowly pulled back and gave a light laugh of my own. "Yeah, Asuna's alive too. She safe at home with her family." I explained.

"That's great. I was so worried." She said, placing a hand on my arm.

"Don't worry, everyone you knew in SAO is alive and well. I'm just... I... I had hope..."

I wiped the tears from my eyes before continuing my last sentence.

"You're all the hope I need."