Enough Said (Sasuke x Reader)~ Naruto

This was also requested by: theDIGIfangirl

~Sasuke's POV~

As I walked down the streets of Konoha, hands in my pockets, I eased myself with the sounds of chirping birds and flowing creeks.

But all of that changed when I felt two pairs of arms tackle me to the ground. "Quit it Ino! I got to him first!"

"What?! Stop lying Sakura! I obviously got him first!"

As the two voices argued, I mentally sighed, waiting for my "savior". "Alright! That's enough!!" A third voice sternly shouted.

The two girls immediately stopped fighting and stood up with a salute. "Yes, ma'am!"

"Good. Now get a move on! You have training to do for the upcoming Chunin Exams!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

And with that, the blonde and pinkette took off with a blur of dust behind them. I slowly stood up, brushed myself off and stuck my hands back into my pockets.

I looked at the female in front of me. (Y/n) (L/n). Her clan was notorious for their keen skills in Fire Style Techniques.

"Thanks... Again." I granted, trying to keep my "cool guy" tone.

"Don't mention it! Trust me, they get on my nerves too!" She laughed, whispering the last part.

I gave her a small smirk and started to walk off. Of course, she followed along side me. "Is there something else you want?" I questioned.

"Not really. Why?" She replied, looking forward and not making eye contact.

I did the same. "You're following me."

"Is that a problem?" She raised an eyebrow, putting a small amount of emphasis into the statement.

"Not really." I replied, repeating her previous words.

She flashed me a grin and we continued walking to who-knows-where. I kept getting the feeling that somebody was watching us.

I stopped, taking a Kunai out of my pocket. I eyed a certain tree. I swiftly flung the knife at the unknown follower as they stepped out from behind the tree, not a scratch on them.

It was a boy my age, with blood red hair and piercing green eyes. He also carried a giant gourd on his back that was strapped securely around his chest. He held an expressionless face, it set me on edge.

"Who are you?" I asked, a hint of warning in my voice.

It took a while to earn a response, but eventually he answered in a nonchalant tone. "I am Gaara of the Desert. I'm interested in you too, what is your name?"

"Sasuke Uchiha." I stated plainly, our eyes locked together, until his gaze turned to (Y/n).

"Who's the girl?" He asked, his voice still deep and menacing, like a demon.

"That's none of your concern." I replied, cutting (Y/n) off before she could say a word. I stepped in front of her with cautious movements.

"Fine. I'll leave the conversation at that, Uchiha." He said as he walked past us, meeting up with a blonde female with a fan rested on her spine, and a boy dressed in all black with some sort of figure strapped to his back with bandages.

I glared at them as I saw the symbols on their headbands. 'Sand Shinobi... they must be here for the Chunin Exams.' I thought, venom in my words.

"Everything okay Sasuke?" (Y/n)'s voice rang in my head and brought me back to reality.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Let's get going, the others are probably waiting at the bridge for us to start training. Even though Kakashi most likely won't be there for another hour or two." I stated calmly with a chuckle as we started walking.

(Y/n) giggled along. "Heh, yeah, you're probably right. He'll probably have another one if his excuses again, like "sorry, I had to help an old lady carry her groceries"." She laughed, flailing her hands for dramatic and sarcastic effect.

I gave a small snicker at her comment. She really had her own sense of comedy, and I admired that. Not like Naruto who did stupid things to get attention, but her's was genuine, and actually got a crack out me most of the time.

Odd, really. How this one girl could hold so much perspective. How she doesn't cling onto me like a love-struck idiot. How she makes me think about her, and actually makes me curious.

I didn't realize it before, but I believed that I actually was falling for the (h/c) who walked beside me. When she looked at me to speak I normally averted my gaze so I didn't get lost in thought as I looked into her deep (e/c) eyes. I would look ahead to not make it seem like I was ignoring her, so she would keep talking.

Her voice, too. It didn't annoy me like Ino's and Sakura's, Naruto's even. Something about the way she talked gave off that she didn't care for all the attention, she was just happy to amuse other people.

I didn't notice until just a bit after, but we had finally made it to the bridge in which our squad was supposed to meet up. Surprisingly, Naruto and Sakura weren't there yet, but Kakashi-Sensei wasn't either, which was of no surprise. It seemed a little suspicious. Normally Sakura would be the first one here, besides me that is.

I shrugged it off and leaned against the back-post of the bridge with my hands still in my pockets. (Y/n) did the same, but had her elbows back on the railing and her forearms dangling from there. Then, we quietly waited for the others to show up.

That was, until the silence was broken when (Y/n) began to speak. I figured she was about to tell a joke to ease the awkward tension between us. "Sasuke, can I tell you something?" She asked.

I looked over to her with an expression of confusion. "Yeah? What is it?" I said, replying with a question like I normally did.

She sighed before continuing with her words. "I know you probably get this a lot, but.... I wanted to tell you before the Chunin Exams," she said, prolonging her reasoning so she could avoid her main point. "I, well.... for a while now, I began to tell myself that I didn't like you more than a friend, but..."

My eyes widened as she said that. Is it possible that she actually likes me the same way I like her? I mean, sure, most of the girls at the academy fell head-over-heels for me, but (Y/n) never really showed interest like that.

"I've been lying to myself," she laughed a little after that. "I do like you, Sasuke. More than a friend. I know you get this sort of thing all the time, but I just thought it'd be better late than never to tell you."

I gave a small yet genuine smile before replying. She smiled widely at what I said next, and side-hugged me tightly. Which definitely gave me the feeling that she accepted the truth.

"I like you too, (Y/n). Enough said."

Heeeeyyyy! I finally got this one-shot released. I am officially trying to complete all the requests I've gotten because I have soooo many. Anyway, super sorry if your request isn't out yet, I'm doing my best to write them on top of all my work, and more work, and even more work. It's just a big hassle, so I'm doing my best, I swear it. Well, I'll see you in further released one-shots! :)