Warmth In My Cold [Gray x Reader]~ Fairy Tail

So this was requested by: hafsaispretty

~Gray's POV~

I was walking to the Guild when I heard a voice behind me, the voice of a girl I've loved ever sense she joined Fairy Tail. [Y/n] [L/n].

"Hey Gray! You heading down to the Guild as well?" She smiled.

"Yup, wanna walk there together?" I asked, lightly blushing.

"Well, that's kind of the reason why I walked up to yah!" She giggled.

I nodded now smiling along with her. [Y/n] was just so happy and perky! She almost never thinks about the bad things, always the good. That's what made her unique..! And she was a Fire Mage, {I believe that's a thing XD} so we may be opposites, but we work great together as a team!

So while we were walking, we talked about random stuff that crossed our minds. We kept on talking until we reached the Guild doors. I held opened the door for [Y/n] to walk in, "Thanks!" She smiled, and she... blushed?

~Your POV~

I have been friends with Gray for a long time now! And I also had a huge  crush on him! I don't think he likes me back though... But when he asked me if I wanted to walk to the Guild with him, he blushed! Was that a sign that he liked me?

When we got to the Guild, I was surprised by the fact that Gray held the door open for me to walk in! Now that, is a sign..!

I walked in and he followed behind, shutting the door as we were greeted by our many Guild mates. I walked up to the request board, knowing that I needed money, and searched the board for any interesting jobs. I finally found the most-likely one that I'd like, and it had a decent pay.

I walked up to Gray and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and asked me if I needed anything.

"You wanna go on this job with me?" I asked him, holding up the poster so he could read it.

"Sure! I'll go get ready! Meet you at the Train Station when you're done getting your things!" He smiled as he headed towards the door.

~Gray's POV~ {There will probably be a lot of POV switches between you and Gray, just to be forewarned! XD}

I started to walk out the door, but Natsu stood in front of me with a smirk on his face, "What are you doing walking away so soon? Yah just got here! And you seem to be pretty happy! You gonna ask out [Y/n] yet?" He asked with an even bigger smirk than before.

I wanted to punch him so hard right now, "Natsu!! No! I'm not asking [Y/n] out! And secondly, I'm just going to get some things from my house!" I glared, folding my arms.

"Suuuuuuure..!" He smiled, slipping away before I could strangle him.

I then left to grab my stuff like I intended to do in the first place, and made my was to the Train Station. When I got there, I saw [Y/n] was already there, looking at a map.

She looked up as I walked over to her, "You ready? Our Train leaves in 5 minutes!" She asked, smile plastered to her face.

"Yup," I stated coolly.

"Alrighty then! Let's get going!" We then boarded our Train. [Y/n] sat across from me in the other seat.

We started talking about random things that have gone on in our lives recently. And we then randomly got onto the subject of what two things that seem like opposites but actually go well together. {Oh yeah, little note here, but sorry if this one is kind of like the Natsu x Reader, I tried to make it as different as I could}

"Yeah, kind of like us..!" I stated, then turned red, realizing what I had just said.

[Y/n] turned red as well, "What?" She questioned.

"I meant our Magic! Fire and Ice! Not us in general," I laughed nervously.

"Oh, then yeah! Definitely!"

The Train ride ended as we were talking, so we grabbed our bags, and exited the vehicle. As soon as we walked out, there was a village burning in the distance! We could tell due to the smoke arising from the trees.

We rushed to the scene of the fire to see villagers running around like crazed animals, trying to put out the fire.

"You ready [Y/n]?" I asked, turning to her.

"Yup!" She replied, getting into stance.

We then did the "Unison Raid" move. I shot my ice and she did her fire, melting my ice tuning it into water and pouring over the village, putting out the flames.

We high-fived and and walked into the charred village that was nearly burnt to ashes. "What happened?" I heard (Y/n) ask as she ran her fingers across the crisp wood.

Before I could answer, we heard a man rushing over to us yelling, "Oh thank you! Thank you!" And hugged the both of us. That was kind of awkward.

"We thank you greatly for saving our town from destruction!" He cheered.

'If Natsu were here, he'd just make the fire worse..! Well, he could have eaten the fire, but whatever,' I chuckled to myself.

"It was our pleasure..! So, do you know who started the fire?" (Y/n) asked the man.

His smile then faded as he nodded his head, "Yes... It was a man cloaked in darkness, but he never showed his face," he replied.

That could have only been one person, "Zeref..." We said in unison.

"We're sorry about him, we've been trying our best to stop him, and we will catch him someday! And he will never bother your people again!" Stated calmly with a smile.

"Yeah, that loser Zeref won't know what hit 'em when we're done!" I grinned.

The man's eyes gleamed with joy, "You two are now the God and Goddess of our village! May I ask of your names?" He cheered.

"God? Goddess? Well if you insist I guess..! I'm (Y/n) (L/n)!" She laughed.

"Gray Fullbuster!"

"Ms. (Y/n)! Mr. Gray! You will be well known and remembered throughout our town! May you be well!" He waved us goodbye as we headed back to the Train Station.

We had finally boarded and were on are way back to Fairy Tail.

~Time Skip of a Few Minutes~

(Y/n) was practicing her Fire Illustration Magic, and to be honest, I don't know why she was practicing it, she was really good at it already!

And it was now or never for me to confess to her, but I wasn't sure on how to address it...

"(Y/n)?" I asked.

"Yeah? What's up?" She smiled.

"Um... I'm not sure if you feel the same way... But ever sense you joined the Guild, I've sort of-- I started-- I have-- Ugh! This is complicated..!" I started, my face turning a bright shade of pink.

(Y/n) just looked at me with a confused expression, but then I thought of the perfect thing to say.

"You are the warmth in my cold. I love you, (Y/n). And I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, but I just thought that--"

I was suddenly embraced in a huge hug, "I love you too, Gray!"