14

"What the-" Baekhyun growled as soon as he bumped carelessly into the invisible barrier surrounding their target's old mansion. He fell straight on the ground with a loud thud and a sharp pain on his poor butt. Krystal softly chuckles, covering her mouth by her palm while Chanyeol trying to hold his laughter yet nearly killing him.

"What? Like you haven't seen like this before?" Baekhyun barks sarcastically making Krystal and Chanyeol burst into an insulting laughter that turns out to be him as their laughingstock, the poor skinny legion pulled himself on his foot immediately and gently dusted off his plated white armor from muddy dirt that usually wears by new recruited lower ranks to recognized their position in the society and they were assigned to assist the higher ranks like Chanyeol's apprentice.

"Sorry, Baek we couldn't help it and if you have seen your face when you fell, it looks awful yet ridiculous, certainly a gold!" Krystal shows her thumbs up into a pissed Baekhyun who silently cursing himself under his breath for being clumsy every time and embarrassing himself in front of others.

"So, there's a strong spell barrier here and personally made by the demon itself." Krystal stated while she's tracing the barrier creating friction and sparks into her hand.

"I'm pretty impressed but I see it coming so I brought a little help here." Chanyeol fished out something from an old brown pouch tucked into a golden rope tied neatly around his waist. A glowing gold dust sprinkled unto the air that made a part of the barrier slowly vanished creating a hole fitted their body to sneaked inside safely without turning into a dust itself, it may look a normal kind of barrier but it holds a strong and serves lethal weapon against their kind.

"You're as smart as my ass, Chief." Baekhyun joked playfully but Chanyeol glared at him sharply made him immediately shut his big mouth while Krystal found their tandem amusing yet entertaining because they work together well not only as a higher-lower ranks relationship but as siblings too.

"Are you okay, Krystal?" The Chief legion asked when he saw how serious face worn by her. She smiled quickly before masking a fake emotion, a straight one because her twin, Yoona crosses her mind when she saw their cute interactions awhile ago and it made her worry about the other girl whereabouts.

"Yoona." She spoke softly but Chanyeol caught it quickly and gave her hand a soft squeeze before he let out a comforting smile at her, she smiled back in return before they heading into their mission to capture the sneaky demon.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, Krystal." Chanyeol spoke as gentle as he could that made Krystal felt ease and worried less for her sister's safety but unbeknownst to them, Yoona struggled between life and death right until now in the hands of Miyoung and the vampire, Jessica.

"Thank you, Chan." Krystal sweetly returned the same tone of his voice above whispers before she squeezes back made Chanyeol's heart skipped a beat like they're only the ones who were there, the time between them froze in seconds into his own world until he found himself staring into no one since Krystal left a seconds ago when he's still on his small world.

"Chief, I always keep into your mind that loves is nothing to do about our mission, we both know how we had the urge to finish this off since we have something to be settle back at the kingdom and Krystal is an exception into this, right?" Baekhyun reminded with a worried tone succumb into his words, he knows how Chanyeol's mind works and he's afraid of the outcome that in a snap, his superior would rather choose the woman over his responsibility when he had the chance and that will lead them to fail the mission but somehow Chanyeol is too careless when it comes to love because it weakens him.