Chapter 31: stevie is missing

Lisa's pov:

No text message.
No phone call.
No public appearance.
Nothing.

It's been five days later and Stevie is still a no show. Something is wrong and I can feel it.

Skylar is worried sick about her and so am I. I've called her and left multiple voicemails but nothing. We both have iPhones so I can tell when she gets my messages and when she reads them...and what's scary is that the message always says read. So I know she's getting them.

"We have to go to the police." I said twirling my hair, something I do when I'm nervous.

"What are they going to fucking do." Skylar growled.

"Help us find Stevie idiot." I yelled.

We were both walking around the neighborhood and asking people if they have seen her but nothing we even went to the gym to see if someone there have seen her and they all said no but everyone is worried sick about her and will keep an eye on her. It warms my heart that Stevie made a lot of friends this summer. It has always been her and me during the summers but now she's not alone. She deserves so many friend. We then checked the library and park and the pet shop, everywhere but nothing.

We both walked inside my house both empty handed feeling miserable.

"This is bullshit." Growled Skylar.

She just disappeared with out a trace not just her but her mom too.What went wrong? I thought.

I stopped walking and my heart dropped.

Something is wrong and there's no doubt about it I gasped and my eyes started to water.

"Hey what happened? What's wrong?" Skylar said frantically looking uncomfortable.

"We need to go to the hospital." I said not answering his question. I wiped my face and grabbed my keys.

"Wait! why!? you think she's at the hospital?" He asked bewildered.

"No but that's my first lead." I answered."I need to check."

We both got into my car and I drove to the hospital in the speed of light. Skylar was scared for his dear life and I looked serious feeling like I'm in an important mission.

"Slow down fast the the furious." He said sweating.

We made it to the hospital and I got out not caring about locking my car. I ran inside and talked to one of the receptionist.

"Lou Anderson." I told her.

She glances at me and looked through the computer.

Any slower lady. I thought as my eye twitched.

"No one by that name miss."

"Lou, Louise." I said clenching my hands.

"Nope."

"Lisa." Skylar said grabbing my shoulder.

I mad dogged the lady and was about to punch her until a man said my name.

I looked over and it was dr highland. Stevie told me all about him and I've meet him a couple of times and he's honestly a nice guy that was perfect for Lou.

"Dr. Highland." I said walking to him and forgetting about the receptionist.

"Lisa what are you doing here?" He asked looking at me then at Skylar.

"Stevie is missing ." I said bluntly. I know what's coming up but I didn't want to believe it. Just thinking about it made my eyes water and I felt my lips tremble.

I looked and Ricky's emotions and he looked tired. Emotionally.

"She-" I covered my mouth with my hand and I grabbed onto my shirt feeling my hand shake. I couldn't finish the sentence.

His eyes didn't meet my face. But I got my answer.

I gasped for air and I started to cry. Not caring if I ugly cried.

"No, no!" I screamed. "Shit." I cried gritting my teeth gasping for air.

Skylar held on to me as I cried for Louise, and for my best friend.

"I'm sorry." Was all Ricky said.

This is what Lou wanted all along. She talked to me about it last year and told me her plan. I told her this would break Stevie but there was nothing else she can do. I tried helping money wise like medicine but that was all I can do to help. And if something where to happen to her. I need to watch over Stevie.

"I talked to Stevie on Monday. Something happened to her." He paused. "One moment she is crying then she wasn't she stopped instantly, Said she was going home and left...that was it." He informed.

I stared at him and looked at Skylar.

"I know where she is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~