Chapter 16: friends

Next day Tuesday.

"Oh my gosh he was so sweet coming to my rescue." I was heart eyed and swooned.

"This was the first time we talked outside of school and he's not like his mean friends."

I was still dazed about Andrews heroic act. I wasn't surprised that he's actually sweet and nice unlike his friends. I wonder why he hangs out with them. They would bully the people smaller than them, sometimes it was me other times it was the freshman. They would push them, steal their things, call them horrible names at the point of crying, and sometime it was so bad that some kids would not come back to school at all. It breaks my heart. But Andrew wasn't like that he was nicer.

"Finally you talk to him. And I'm very proud that you asked him to hang out. And I'm sorry that he said no." She said placing her hand on mine.

"It's okay he promised we will hang out when he comes back from Washington."

"Oh that's great. Did you get his number?"

His number.....HIS NUMBER.

"Oh no I forgot about that I was so caught up with how pretty he is I forgot..."

Lisa shook her head and reassured me it didn't matter. But how could I forgot the most important thing. I'm so dumb.

Lisa told me I can always get it when I see him again and that it's not the end of the world.

Once that was settled we started to talk about Lisa and how work was going with the animals. They are such sweet things it breaks my heart to know that they were once in a abusive house. Sometimes I just want to take them all home and take care of them.

When I checked the time it was almost 8 which means sky would be arriving any minute. I called Lisa in the morning and told her about Andrew and she came over right away. She said she wants to hear the story in person.

"I'll see you later okay." Lisa said her good bye and Began walking away leaving me at the door and I barely noticed that sky was leaning on his car with his arms crossed glaring at me.
I see Lisa stopping to tell him something but I couldn't hear them.

All I heard was "she's my best friend" and "mind your own business."

I watch Lisa walk to her car and drive off while sky walks towards me. Making my heart beat kind of fast.

"Hi sky...how are you?"

"Are you ready to go."

I dismissed his rudeness and nodded my head. I grabbed my duffle bag and we made our way to his car.

We sat in silence but this time it wasn't as awkward just peaceful. I mean yesterday's drama was still lingering and I really hope nothing bad happens today. All I want is to have a good work out and go home and relax maybe read a book or maybe get my outfit prepared for when Andrew gets back from Washington.

"Hey kid,"

I turned my head to Skylar a bit dazed,"yeah."

"I said get out of my car we are here." He rolls his eyes and exited out of his car.

I got out and closed the door. "Sorry I was-"

"Daydreaming yeah okay do you always do that?"

I shrugged my shoulders and blushed, "Lisa says I do."

"Hmm ok let's go."

Work out was going good I said hi to Josh, Ted, and Maggie. They were all very nice and funny except for Ted he didn't say much just patted my head and grunted.

Skylar rolled his eyes and kept reminding them and me that this is business and to stop distracting me.

He continued pushing me and motivated me to try a bit harder.

This continued over the past few weeks. Josh, Ted and Maggie and I became very close and they were very protective of me. I was excited that I was making new friends. And after that I made two more friends victor, and blade.

Victor was 5'7 and very sweet and had ginger hair and freckles and was a boxer and a good one too. He liked to tease me about how small I was and cute I was which would cause me to blush and make Skylar upset.

And blade was my favorite he was 6'0 and bulky but was super sweet and funny. He does good impersonations of birds and even though his name is blade he would never hurt a fly.

Making new friends at the gym made it less intimidating and I was actually excited to go and see everyone and actually work out.

Through all this Sky wasn't caring about me greeting everyone anymore he would wait patiently and we would work hard. Working out and going home and relaxing and eating healthy was my routine and it was good.

All of this making new friends made me realize something....

I miss my best friend.