seventeen

He had just received a tip from one of his trusted aides; an exchange was about to take place and it was just over his border, neutral land it was called. A place free for all and bound to none. There rogues could freely roam the land without any bother. It was also here all shady business took place, dirty jobs, hostile takeovers. Really, it was no one's business in whatever took place here which was illegal but Hell liked to know.

Call him curious, nosy or whatever. It was a benefit on his side anyways, good to know the shady business of other Alpha's, to know which Alpha is teaming up with rogues to fight their wars, get wind of just about anything. Good for blackmail.

He liked to take precautions. Always, whenever he had a gut feeling about something, he followed his instincts regarding it. It never failed him. It wasn't about to now.

He ran in his wolf form, from his Pack to neutral ground. It was a forest filled with thick trees and weeds. Dangerous to the human eye and more terrifying to the average werewolf.

He was quite aware of all the eyes, the hidden eyes that echoed the forest stillness. He was also part of them perusing the land. He didn't bother hiding his presence, he didn't feel like it. Not like any eye could find him as easily. Unless they wanted a fight—which they didn't dare—he would win. Fact.

But like him, they were curious, waiting. Waiting. About to snatch. A thing to have to be against the other.

He didn't need to wait for long. He saw them. Saw her. They hadn't seen him yet. They hadn't noticed the others. They were both too lost in their own world.

There were two of them. An older man in his late 40's and a girl. A young girl. She was trailing behind the man stopping to admire everything.

She looked to be in her early teens, 13 maybe. It was delight watching her. She acted like a toddler, who found joy in the littlest things. If it wasn't obvious by the cute sounds she made at a wild flower. She was careful not to touch. It was dangerous. Hell watched her. He couldn't take his eyes off her, didn't want to. She was interesting to watch. With the youthful swing of her body, the way she threw her head back and let out a deep tummy laugh—meanwhile the joke her dad just cracked didn't warrant that much glee.

The older man didn't want her to see his face. He concealed the truth by trying to liven the mood. The mood he had set. But the girl couldn't see. She wouldn't have believed it. He had put her behind him for a reason. He didn't want to feel anymore guilt of his miserly act.

How exactly would she believe her own father wanted to trade her off to slavery as one Alpha's all-purpose go to—all for what, money.

Hell just wanted to snap his neck. How selfish could humans get? Your own flesh and blood. Over mere material.

He was getting angrier and angrier watching the approaching man and he didn't want to make a rash decision by jumping out too quickly so he turned back to the girl. She calmed him.

He loved her hair. It was long, dark and had lavender ombre. When they both get home, he was going to get the dye for her to continue using.

Home.

With his mate. He almost laughed out loud. It had taken him a good 13 decades living here on earth and finally, finally, he had a mate to take home, his mate.

He was still watching her, until he saw her father slow into a pace, eyes fearfully looking around waiting for the negotiator to come out. That was the cue, his cue. Not a second too long before all hell broke loose.

It was pandemonium. Hell didn't play fair. No one else did. To protect his mate, he had knocked her down first before he launched into combat. He didn't want her to see. Not now—not ever if he could help it.

He was the first to appear beside her as the other wolves circled. They were many more, their number growing. A few hundreds stood, about to make a move on Hell but he only smiled. Easy. He planned to kill every single one of them and not leave one single body alive. And he was going to follow through.

  He watched from one eye as the older man cowardly went to stand by his daughter. The betrayer. He wasn't going to run any time soon. Hell would make sure of that. He was going to be dearly punished.

Hell snarled his teeth menacingly as he got surrounded by other wolves, forming an half circle. They wanted her. But she wasn't theirs. She was his. Mine!

He dared for one to approach, try to, one did. He was killed in an instant, Hell using his sharp claws, violently slashed it's head and chest off, and out of the circle. Next.

He had let him watch it all. His Mate's father. He, Hell had made him watch all of them die one after the other via his teeth, his claws, his body. No one had been spared. He let the man know that he couldn't run. Not bothering for etiquette, he changed to his human form as he watched, the coward shaking like a leaf in the winter wind.

Hell not minding that he was stark naked, tenderly carried his mate and began to walk towards his Pack. He didn't need to tell him to follow. No matter how scared her father had been of the deadly half human, he had also been scared of the carcasses of dead wolves he was surrounded with.

This was the first time Hell couldn't decide what to do with a criminal, a prisoner. Depending on how grave their offense was, Hell ranged from torturing them, slowly to death to just killing them straight away and this man, had just made the gravest offense. Tried to sell off his Mate. The one he had been waiting for all his life.

He couldn't imagine her reaction when she would learn he killed her father. She would be heartbroken that was for sure and Hell didn't want that. He was going to protect her with all he's got. But her father was another case.

As Hell strode the distance from his office door, to his desk, he came up with a solution that would have to suffice.

He was going to lock him  up over an indefinite period of time until Hell will find a way to dispose of him.

He only hope his mate would come to understand why he did it.

Author's Note:
  Hell's point of view on how they met. Do you like it? Rowan's going to be in the next chapter :)
Please vote and comment. I want to know what you think ♡ ♡ ♡

unedited.