five

"I did what?!"

"He rejected me?" Rowan was so confused. Gemma paused mid hurl.

"What?" she asked she too confused. That wasn't the reaction she was expecting.

"Damn it Gemma! Whatever gave you that idea." Hell cursed. Gemma could tell her brother was more than pissed at her as he angrily ran his hands through his dark-as-night hair—that was styled into a quiff it's long length falling into his eyes.

"You—she," Gemma looked to Rowan for clarification of some sorts and realized that Rowan was the most confused out of them. She was only human after all. Shit. Gemma now understood the mistake she had made.

"She fucking didn't know. She had no clue. Look at her." both gaze turned to Rowan who looked like a sheep caught in headlights and was still a little slow on what was going on but she knew when things were turning uphill like this. She had one instinct—and that was not to throw herself at Hell like before—but run. Strangely enough, she couldn't move. Her two legs weren't cooperating. The siblings eyes were off her and were now on each other. Emotions flying high.

The two siblings had a couch in between them while Rowan stood a little to the side watching them while still trying to understand what they were talking about.

"How was I supposed to know that? She's been here for 3 years dammit. She has the right to know why. And you're not making things easier now. It wasn't my fault I misunderstood, it's your fault for not acting like the bigger person. It wouldn't be the first time." Gemma wasn't about to apologize to Hell that she was wrong. No way in hell.

Rowan had been stuck with Hell for the last three years, since she was 14 years old. She still didn't understand how one moment, she had been happy skipping behind her father, admiring nature and just everything in the woods, laughing hysterically at little jokes her dad cracked—his back turned to her. And then, suddenly, she wasn't there again—he wasn't. She was waking up in a strange bed with a stranger man beside her with green eyes that appeared to have undertones of an electric current passing through.

He had his hair falling into his eyes as he watched her through hooded lids. It was such a pretty moment. He was beautiful. His sharp jawline, hard set mouth and full lips only added to the appeal he had on her senses. Until she remembered she had no idea who he was.

"Where am I?" Rowan had raised her head up from the pillow it was on and sat up straight bringing the flowery patterned blanket previously covering her body, to her chin.

She had watched as he studied her for a long while before he replied in a slow drawl.

"Home." was the only one word he had said before he stood up from the chair and started to leave the room without one more glance at her.

"Wait," Rowan had said in a loud voice stopping him who had his hand pressed on the door knob and was about to push it open.

He looked behind him to her. In that moment, as he turned, he truly looked like an angel to her. His beautiful hair falling into his face, his face, his eyes. Intense, as he blinked lazily at her—she was speechless for a few seconds.

"Y—you can't just leave me like this. What about my father? Who are you? I need to go home, right now." she demanded. What sort of person was he? She hadn't know at that time.

"You have no need to see him. This is your home now." like that sounded like answer enough to his ears, he left the room. That began day one of Rowan's run. He hadn't locked the door. A couple of tries out of the huge ass house and she was out in the open. With sunlight hitting her directly in the face. She hadn't even taken two steps past the door before she was forced back inside by the Royal ass.

Rowan concentrated back on the present. What there something she was supposed to know and haven't been told ever since?

Hell didn't need this right now. He had been careful. Too careful around Rowan for everything to just explode in his face like this, and all due to his annoying sister.

"Gemma. Shut up." he demanded her. Hoping the little command and his power would make her shut up. He should have known his sibling by now. She fought it.

"Don't you tell me to shut up. You'd better sit Rowan down now and tell her why you kidnapped her those three years ago. I'm tired of your crap Hell."

Could she stop talking already. He stole a glance at Rowan whose eye size had doubled at the mention of what happened three years ago. It was finally opening. The discussion of why she was here and he knew she was about to take that chance and prod. He couldn't just dismiss the fact that his sister mentioned it. They would both want answers. And it was better to get it done now and forget about it. Any way she took it, he didn't care. Rowan was still going to stay with him. Whether she wanted it or not.

"Fine." he stalked towards Rowan and grabbed her by her arm pushing her towards the door of his office. At least, they should have the talk in the semi-privacy of his office but if she decided to begin a shouting spree then everyone will know what was happening.

His sister was following him, wondering what Hell was going to do now. Pushing Rowan into the interior of his office, he stood by the door blocking Gemma from entering.

"Leave and don't disturb unless I call for you." he full on ordered his sister letting his tone grow even powerful. She wouldn't be able to resist the command. He didn't feel sorry, she forced him to tell earlier than he wanted. He wanted to wait till Rowan's 18th birthday at least.

Reluctantly, Gemma bowed her head stiffly and left his sight though she tried to fight the bonds his words had on her.

And he entered his office. Closing the door and even locking it behind him, pocketing the key. Rowan arched her brows at his behaviour but didn't say anything.

He sat down on his chair and watched her watch him. How will he go about this? How would he begin explaining to her. Will she even understand?

Rowan was growing apprehensive watching Hell. First, he locked the door and now, he wasn't saying anything but looking at her so seriously. Was what he had to say so grave? Did something happen to her father? Isn't she going home—her real home?

"Is my father al—"

"You're my mate." he blurted stopping her mid question. Mate? What's mate? Like friends mate or sex mate?

He saw the obvious confusion on her face and clarified further to his own terms. "You're my soul mate." she deadpanned and then burst into hysteric laughter.

"Please stop playing around," she said chuckling as she waved him off cleaning the tears that had come while she was laughing hard at his joke. "Is my dad alright? When can I go home?"

"I'm dead ass serious," he said peeved, slamming his fist in his desk as she watched the table break into a clean half in the middle and fall to the ground with the files on it. Her eyes on the the fallen table.

"Oh," was all that came out of her lips.

Author's Note:
Thank you for reading. Here I let out a little on why Rowan has been staying with Hell. More to come. Hope you like this chapter. ♡ ♡ ♡

Please vote and comment!

unedited