ten

"Wait!" She yelled a second too late. Hell had already stormed out of the room banging the door shut behind her. She didn't settle, couldn't settle after he left her on such a cliffhanger. Wobbling, clumsily, she pushed herself out of the bed.

When her two feet touched the floor, her head spun dizzying her for a minute.  She placed her uninjured arm on it kneading her forehead hoping the pain would go away. She needed some painkillers. Lifting her leg, she started to hop towards the door. Everything hurt more than it did when she got injured.

Still, she summoned courage and stepped out of the door, closing it behind her and looked at the hallway in front of her. She was in an entirely different wing of the house and she had no idea how to go down. How to find Hell.

Awkwardly, she stood in the doorway hoping someone was going to miraculously appear and guide her to Hell. No such luck and she was starting to tire. She was leaning heavily on one side. Her heavily casted leg made it impossible to move and she had to jump, focusing all her weight on one leg.  Tears were falling freely from her eyes at just about everything. She just wanted to break down and be comforted. She wanted answers. She wanted to be fine.

She had zero navigational skills. Had gotten lost in the house through out an entire week—when she was first brought here—trying to find the kitchen.  She could only hope she found Hell before her weight gave away and she would fall.

He didn't know which was worse. The fact that his mate didn't believe his words. Treated him like a lesser man or that he had been reduced to this—a mess of a man, a careless leader.

He knew getting angry wouldn't solve anything. Just disaster. Killings of innocents like he had done to his warrior who had been laid to rest on his command and the blood and tell tale signs of the battle on the front door of the Pack house was washed away and looked like nothing bad or murderous had happened on it some hours earlier. He got to the kitchen and leaned on the counter with his hip, thinking.

He needed to talk to Rowan again. They had to air things out between them. He didn't like how they seemed to be going backwards and forward with each other yet arriving at no mutual ground. It was tiring. He didn't need that. Not especially from the one who was supposed to relieve him. He was going to be the bigger person and sit her down again and they will talk. Hopefully, there would be better results.

As he began to walk in the direction of his room, he stopped short. Someone was trying to get his attention through his mind. It was a sort of signal between members of the same Pack. Due to the vows of being in the Pack, you had the ability to talk to any existing member of the Pack no matter how far. It was mostly used during watch, patrolling, capturing and just about anything. Cellphones were pretty much useless to members of the same Pack unless it was to someone else then you need a phone to call.

Hell accepted the connection as he got the message. It was from one of his watch, Lancelot. He was supposed to be patrolling the borderline. Lately, there had been unusual activity happening and Hell wanted to know what was going on. What the enemy was planning so he had doubled the watch force there but that hadn't eased his mind. He knew something was coming and he was expecting it. He wasn't afraid to fight. Never had been.

"Alpha. Rogues have invaded the border. They are now heading towards the Pack. We await your orders." Hell didn't hesitate in dishing out his command.

"Fight back. Kill them all. Contact more warriors from the Pack. Make sure none of them gets close to the Pack homes at all." firmly, he cut off Lancelot and contacted his Beta, Nyle.

"Where are you?" Hell demanded not bothering about formality. He was his second in command hence he had to find a way to assemble the people together and go to fight.