fourteen

As soon as the annoying doctor walked away, Rowan gently turned to eye Carlos.

"What exactly was that about?—and don't you dare tell me 'I don't know'!" It was safe to say that Rowan was angry. She felt like ever since she's been with Hell, she's been tossed this way and that. Everybody treating her like a child, too afraid to say more. Always hush on matters that concerns her. She thought it would end, it would stop. She'll get answers, but it all grows even confusing and that...Hell! Where was he? She had questions to ask him. Too many questions.

She needed to understand why, just why? How had she suddenly grown from hating Hell to liking how he smells—how had she grown from running away from him to wanting him to stay? And why had she cared so much for him to be safe. Why had she been so angry he didn't want to kiss her—on the lips! Why did she care what he thought about her? Why was she like this?! And just what was the deal with everybody saying Mate?

She groaned, her arms lay pathetic at her side. "I. Need. Answers."

  Carlos fidgeted, his eyes going this way and that. He hated confrontations like this and he felt guilty about it. He knew Rowan deserved to know. But Hell didn't want to explain and he couldn't exactly explain everything. He only knew half of the beginning. Where was his mate when he needed her?

"Carlos," Rowan said watching him through narrowed eyes. He was ready to bolt. He had his feet facing opposite directions. He just wasn't sure what way he was going to run yet, "Tell me now, or else."

When threatened like that, he had to answer her. Technically, she was his Luna. He had to obey her commands, damn.

"Um, he," he started referring to the doctor, "He only meant...that, since Hell witnessed...your, um...accident...that your wounds would heal faster...if he's um, around you?" he ended it in a question. He himself was questioning his words—which was a half truth, on the bright side.

"Bullshit." Rowan deadpanned. "Why don't you tell me the truth? Honest-to-goodness truth, starting from /why I was kidnapped."

"From the beginning?" Carlos echoed as Rowan nodded. How was he going to get out of this now? It wasn't his to say. This was—

"Hell! Hell, over here!!" he could almost cry in relief. Rowan sensing it was a ruse, looked at the direction Carlos was waving at crazily. Jumping up and down to get his attention. It was Hell. And he was hot.

He had stalked into the room shirtless. His abs she had only been able to see through the outline of his shirt was now bare for her, and all to see. Slowly, she took her eyes off his body to see eyes on him. Mine! She growled lowly.

He was hers. Hers to look at! Hers alone. No one else could look.

Hold on! She shook her head. What was she thinking now? Why was she turning into this? He didn't even like her. But she remembered something.

Her subconscious reminded her he had said something about them being soul mates? Was that true? Was that why she was acting like this? But, how did he know they were soul mates? It wasn't exactly written on her face that she could live happily with him? That's why there was dating. You go out there, meet a lot of people, find the one you click with though hit and miss. Then you get married and live together. If happily. Until one dies. So, how had he know just instantly she was his.

"You've no idea how happy I am to see you. Did you kill all of them? I heard it was a success?" Carlos was going on like a child. Rowan, still on the bed looked at their feet? Hell's feet. It was bruised. He had leaf stuck between his toes and it looked stained of everything in the forest—mud and was that, blood? Slowly, her eyes raked from his feet, to his leg, to the baseball shorts, to his bulge? she didn't look away from that for a while. Why did he have an erection? Who was he desiring? Her eyes zoomed to his face set in a grim mode and his eyes directly on her.

Oh. Her lips parted. He wants her. She looked back at his erection. It was more prominent than before and it just continued to swell, was he that big, how would it feel—she mentally slapped herself. Why was she thinking of his dick? Her face coloured from the embarrassment and she looked away. She still felt his eyes on her and she had a feeling he knew what she had been thinking of because she could just...feel it.

It is official. She was running mad.

Carlos was still going on. Saying 'rogues' repeatedly, going on about killings until like a slow shiver burning up and down her spine, Hell quietened him.

"I want to talk to her." he said in a low voice. Carlos left just as soon. He had been waiting all along for Hell to dismiss him. Thankfully, he was out of that.

She was still looking in the opposite direction, and he hadn't said anything for a while.

"Rowan," he started. "Look at me." like she had been waiting for that, waiting for him to say those words, she turned to him. His eyes. The eyes she loved especially when it was weird like this—charging, crackling with some hidden emotion and then pure lust was in his gaze. How could he look at her like this? She didn't feel sexy. She didn't feel desirable. She was injured and badly so. But he looked at her like he couldn't wait to devour her. His eyes promised wicked seduction and she was surprised at how her body was responding to it. She was now craving his touch more than ever. She felt her nipples harden under the bra she was on and down there, down there, her pussy, it was burning with an awareness, tightening, wanting him, wanting to be bare to him under his burning look.

She was getting turned on just looking at his eyes. She just wanted him on her, with her, together with her, joined at the hilt with her. How would that feel? Incredible she could imagine.

She closed her eyes, letting a low moan escape. Then opened them, her eyes blinded in hazy lust.

"What are you doing to me?"

Author's Note:
Hey! Sorry for the late upload. Been tired.

So, I've been thinking and I'll like an answer, please. Do you think I should write a prelude? Like before, before Hell met Rowan, his character to begin with because this book is plainly about the both of them. Would you like a book centered on just, Hell?

Please comment and vote. ♡ ♡ ♡

unedited