-surprise-

"My mom has been through hell of a ride," Maya smiled into the microphone. "She is many, many things. And as much as I'd like to think I have her all to myself, I'm happy that I get to share that side of her with... With my dad." Maya waved to Shawn, who smiled in return.
"Rising actress, amazing waiter, awesome, loving mother who'd do anything for me. I'm so, incredibly happy for her. May you live a beautiful life!"

Applause erupted around the room, and Maya bowed, hopping back to the table where Farkle, Riley, Lucas and Zay sat.

"That was beautiful, Maya." Farkle praised. Lucas nodded his head in agreement, resting his hand on her lap.

"I can't believe you're gonna be leaving that." Zay shook his head.

"What do you mean leaving that?" Maya grabbed him by the shirt.

"Aw man Lucas," he whined. "Why didn't you tell her yet!"

"Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait, this is her moms day-"

"No, Riley. It can't. I want to know!"

Lucas swallowed, giving Zay a death glare.

"I... I'm moving back to Texas at the end of the year. But only for a year!"

Here he goes again, breaking yet another heart. It what he does. It's what Lucas Friar does.

"W-what?" Maya stuttered, hurt overpowering the anger expressed on her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. You see, my uncle is sick, and I have to care for him in his last moments.. all next year."

Maya smiled tightly and pushed in her chair. "I'm gonna go... Check on the cake." She power walked towards the church.

Riley didn't say anything, because she knew it would be harsh. Instead, she rushed after Maya. The church was extremely quiet, but from a distance she could hear Maya's soft weeping coming from a corner.

"Maya?" She walked the aisles in search for her. "Maya, this church is too big."

"I'm over here." She sniffled, raising a hand.

"I know how you feel," Riley chuckled to herself. "Farkle leaves in less than 2 months, and I'm terrified."

"Well you can still visit him. On holidays and breaks he can come back and see you. He's not moving to Texas." Maya sniffled.

"If it's meant to be-"

"Riley I know you're trying to help, but don't bother with the destiny will bring you two back together bull crap. When people leave, they leave, they're gone. Sometimes it's just that simple."

Maya stood up, dabbing the smeared mascara from under her eyes. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a mother to be proud of."

She glided past Riley, leaving her in the middle of the church.

"Today was a long day.." Farkle breathed. Everyone already left, with the exception of them.

"Let's get married, Farkle." She laughed softly.

He smirked, adjusting his tie. "Let's do it."

Riley turned on the wedding music, twirling to the gazebo.

"Do you, Farkle Minkus promise to.. Da-da-da-da, in sickness and health?"

"I do."

"You may... Kiss the bride!"

Farkle went in for a kiss on the nose, but she ducked. "A nose kiss! Really!"

"Okay, fine." He chuckled, moving the hair out of her face. He pulled her closer to him, looking down at her with a boyish smile. And then he bent down, and pressed his soft lips on hers.
The sky was the perfect shade of peach. The fluffy white clouds morphed into just streaks across the sky, adding to it's beauty. The moon slowly moved in, soaking them in its light.

"We've almost known each other for a year." Farkle's expression was solemn.

"Yeah," She breathed. "I don't know how I'm gonna cope with not spending every single day with you.."

"I promise we'll work through this." He stroked the side of her face. "Hey, it's only one year. I could convince my dad to give you a scholarship if you can't get in, right?"

"Of course I can get in, Farkle. I don't need your money."

"Then we'll be college sweethearts.." He grinned, resting his chin on her head.

He then reached behind his back.

"What's that?" Riley giggled.

Farkle held up a bottle of wine.

"Here's to us." She smiled.

"Here's to us."