-brown eyes-

Running Topanga's was a lot easier than Riley would've expected. As the day went on, the line became shorter and shorter, until there were only a few customers left in the bakery.

"Hi, cutie! What can I get you today?" Riley greeted a little girl who looked around the same age as Auggie.

"My daddy told me that this dollar can buy me a donut!"

"Well your daddy is right! Here you go!" After wrapping up her chocolate donut, she slid it across the counter.

"Thank you!" The girl exclaimed, setting her money on the counter before running off with her chocolate treat.

"Don't you just love kids?" Breathed Riley. When she got no reply, she turned around to see that Maya wasn't there. "What a typical Maya thing." She groaned, taking out her phone to call her.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry sir, what would you-" Riley was taken by surprise at the cute boy who was standing in front of her. "What would you like?" She smiled.

"Can I have a cup of water please?"

She couldn't hope but notice the tiny bit of freckles sprinkled across the bridge of his nose, and his warm blue eyes that went perfectly with his chestnut colored hair. He definitely looked her age, but she was pretty sure he didn't go to John quincy adams high.

"Um- I can come back.."

"No I'm sorry," Riley giggled, her cheeks beginning to grow hotter. "I'll get that for you."
She felt his eyes burning in the back of her head like lasers as she poured the filtered water in the plastic cup. "Here you go!"

He held a dollar out for her to take, but she declined.

"I-It's just water, keep it."

Her parents would kill her if they knew she gave a stranger something for free, but she honestly didn't care. It was only a dollar, after all.

"Wow, thanks again!" He smiled.

Riley fondly watched as the boy sat on the couch near the back of the shop. Not long after a petite girl walked in, her long brown hair scrunched into a ponytail. She was hoping that she didn't sit with him, but sure enough, she did. He had a girlfriend? How lovely.