-party-

It was the 3rd day that Maya's been avoiding her. She hasn't been going to Topanga's, hasn't called, texted, or came to Riley's house. Spending time with her boyfriend was great as always, but she missed her best friend more than anything. Riley entered the kitchen sluggishly, not wanting to be tampered with.

"Well look who's up!" Cory exclaimed, ignoring her bed head.

On the other hand, Auggie snickered. "You look terrible."

Riley shot him a death glare from across the table. "My look is a representation of how I'm feeling." She stabbed her fork into her pancake.

"Let's get you a new pancake, honey." Topanga smiled, sliding the plate away from her.

"Forget it, I'm not hungry."

"You just were a second ago." Her dad added.

Riley had lost her appetite, and her head was still pounding from last night. This was the worst she's felt in her whole lifetime, no exaggeration. She's never went this long without speaking to Maya, even if it was just 3 days.

Storming back to her room, Riley the shut the door. She sat in the bay window for a while, unsure of what to do.

"You missy... look terrible!" Maya opened up her window, sniffing her room. "And you smell terrible too."

"It's because of YOU!" Riley hissed, running to her best friend. "I missed you, peaches."

"Aw, I missed to you. I just needed a break."

"A break was unnecessary." Riley crossed her arms.

"A break helped me realize that I don't wanna live in a world without my pocket of sunshine, so suck it up!" Maya ruffled her hair.

Eager to change the subject, she blurted; "We should throw a party! In honor of our friendship, and thanksgiving I guess. And you never ignoring me for three days ever again!"

"Really?" Maya chuckled. "Haven't we been to enough geek parties?" She joked.

"A real one, we'll invite the whole eleventh grade, we can have it at my mom's bakery-"

"Woah Riley, who said I agreed to this? And who throws a party in a bakery?"

"I'll tell uncle josh to co-ome..." She teased.

"I did! I definitely did, I agree let's have it today." Her eyes widened.

**

Zay and Riley were pushing the tables in Topanga's outside, redecorating the bakery to look more open. It was the perfect place to have it. There way furniture, a bar, and room to dance. Riley was ecstatic to throw her first party, though apparently she didn't look the part.

"You're eyes are puffy, have you been crying?" Asked Zay, lifting a chair.

"Yeah, but I'm fine now. Thanks Zay." She patted his back.

"Hopefully this works out!" Farkle grunted from the ladder inside. He was in charge of interior decoration, and insisted on putting up Christmas lights rather than a disco ball or something.

"It will, I mean it's me! They'll come." Riley assured him.

"H-hey, speaking of you, when will your uncle be here?" Maya asked goofily, poking at Riley's stomach.

"He'll be here, maya."

"They're coming!" Lucas called from outside the door. He was acting as the bouncer, except the party was free- curtsey of Riley of course.
They all looked outside the windows, seeing a wave of people heading their way. She didn't recall inviting so many people, and wasn't sure if they'd fit into the small space. Why were they even there so early?