-secrets-

She had to tell Farkle. Riley couldn't hold it in anymore. Despite what came out of it, she was going to have to blab.

"Daddy!" Riley yelled.

"What's wrong!" Cory pushed through the door.

"Sorry to scare you, but I have a problem with the project you assigned us."

"I do too," Maya fumed, climbing through the window. "All Yogi talks about is his girlfriend!"

"Okay, and what's your issue?" Cory asked Riley.

"Smackle hates me, dad."

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you, you're overreacting, and Maya, they're in love, what do you expect?"

"The only thing she's asked me was why I'm dating Farkle, which I'm not.."

"Yet." Maya finished for her.

"I can't do anything about that, Riles." He shrugged, backing towards the door. "You chose your own partner, so compromise. Break down those walls."

Riley heaved a sigh. Her dad couldn't help her, so now she had to take matters into her own hands.

"Your dad sucks at being a teacher." Maya laughed, laying her head on Riley's lap.

"I know, he does."

"We're gonna be seniors next year. Wonder if he'll follow us there too."

"Most likely." Riley sighed, stroking Mayas hair.

"Do you think... we're a little too close?" Asked maya.

They paused for a minute before saying in unison, "Nah."

"I gotta go meet Smackle, wish me luck!"

*

"You brought farkle," Isadora cleared her throat.

"I did, because you won't talk to me." Riley smiled. "So, talk to him!"

"Hi smackle." He waved.

"Hello, Farkle."

"Hi, I'm Riley!" She interrupted. "Smackle, please tell Farkle where you grew up."

"I've... Lived here my whole life-"

"Tell him your favorite subject!"

"Science, of course." She shrugged.

"Why is it science?"

"Because it's the only thing I'm good at." Isadora said softly.

Maybe that was why she didn't like Riley, she felt inferior to her.

"I'm sure that's not true, smackle. You're good at lot's of things!"

"Really, like what?"

"You... Have a nice smile." Riley stated.

"This project is over," Smackle rolled her eyes. "You know all you need to know." For the third time, Isadora stormed out of Topanga's, leaving both Riley and Farkle in the booth.

"You know what, I'm going after her." Riley ran out of the door. She wasn't gonna let Smackle get her way again. Not over something petty. "Smackle!"

"Go away."

Riley turned around to see her partner sitting on the bench outside of the bakery.

"Why do you keep running away from me?"

Silence.

"Why don't you like me?"

"I do like you, I don't like... Your hair." Smackle said under her breath.

Riley placed her hands on her shoulders. "You like farkle."

"I don't!"

"Yes, you do. It's okay to have a crush, smackle."

Smackle stood up, but Riley was taller than her, forcing her to look down. "Seeing him with someone else isn't so pleasing. With someone like you. You're aesthetically pleasing. You're not his competition, his best friend."

"Y-you need to tell him.. Tell him or I will!" Riley said quietly.

"You wouldn't!"

It was best for all of them. The longer she kept it in the more she'd feel weird seeing them together, the more her grade was gonna suffer. Though deep inside, she knew it wasn't just about her grade. Or about Farkle. Maybe, just maybe, if she wasn't careful, Isadora would take Farkle away from her.