-left out-

"Maya, you've been ignoring me ever since this morning." Riley watched as her best friend quietly painted her nails, cursing under her breath if she smeared any on her toes.

"Like you've been ignoring me for Farkle?"

"Maya, you know I'd never do that on purpose-"

"But you did," she smiled, closing the top on the nail polish. "Maybe I just miss you, okay?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt this way." Riley sat beside her on the floor.

"When did we stop telling each other how we feel?" Asked Maya, tears forming in her eyes.

"I-I don't know. But I'm yours for now on, peaches."

Topanga's was quiet, with the exception of the groups of people from their school studying. Maya lifted her feet on the chair in front of them, picking at her manicure. "Remember when you shoved ice cream in my face?" She suddenly laughed.

"Yeah, and then you shoved an even bigger one in mine." Riley playfully pushed her.

"Ah, good Farkle free times." She sighed.

"Oh no, not you two." Maya rolled her eyes as Lucas and Zay entered Topanga's.

"I understand Lucas, but I done nothing!" Zay shook his head, sitting on a couch across from the girls.

"Don't mind her, we're spending quality time together." Riley smiled, hugging Maya.

"Isn't that everyday?" Lucas laughed.

"Ha ha ha funny." Maya rolled her eyes. "Not anymore." She said quietly as Farkle walked through the door.

"Hi, babe." He smiled, kissing Riley's forehead.

"Babe?" Zay questioned.

"We made it official yesterday." Riley explained, clinging onto his neck.

"I came to see if you all wanted to go to a movie, all of you." He eyed Lucas and Maya.

"I'd love to what about you guys!" Riley rushed, pulling Maya up from the chair.

"You know what, sure Finkle. You're gonna be around for a while, my best friend really likes you. I guess we're stuck with ya."

Riley smiled, proud of Maya for being the bigger person. Usually, she would be upset; but they weren't the same 14 year old freshman's anymore. She needed to accept the people who came into her life besides her.

--

"It's hard for you isn't it." Riley whispered to Maya in the movie theater. "That's why you don't want to let anyone into my life without a fight."

"I'm trying to watch the movie." Maya lied, offering Zay popcorn.

"It's the previews, Maya." She huffed, dragging her to downstairs to the bathroom, which lucky for them, was empty. "You're so scared of being abandoned that you don't want the same for me."

"What are you talking about-"

"You let your guard down when Lucas and I started dating, and then he broke up with me. You're you're doing the same with Farkle."

"You're right." She whispered, as if in realization. "I hate seeing you hurt, Riles. I want to make sure if what you're feeling is okay. I didn't want Lucas to hurt you and it happened anyways. I hated seeing you questioning why he broke up with you."

"It reminds you of your dad.." Riley trailed off. Maya nodded. "...I love you, peaches."

"I love you too, Riles." She smiled, opening the door. "After you, Honey."