-trip-

"What do you mean what is he doing here?" Topanga joked, letting them in.

Riley moved closer to Farkle, who wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Hey huckleberry, if you know what's best for you you'll square dance out of this facility!" Maya taunted, dancing to the door.

"What is going on with you guys?" Topanga asked. "Lucas is staying!"

One thing about her mom, she believed there was good in everything. In her mind, there was no room for negativity. Even if she knew what happened, she wouldn't hold a grudge- it got annoying sometimes.

"I actually have to leave ma'am, I forgot I have..." He paused.

"You have?" Zay questioned, resting his chin in his hand.

"I have a cowboy meeting! Yeah, right at the park. Ponies and square dancing!" He quickly left Riley's apartment, letting the door close behind him.

"I don't get any of you!" Zay muttered, following after him.

She felt bad for Lucas, and it was bugging her. He blamed her for getting black out drunk, he doesn't care to see her happy, he lied to her. He's selfish. She let him in her life again, just for him to screw up... Again.

Just when she thought things were normal between them, it wasn't. It was obvious that they couldn't be friends, and probably never would until he got over himself.

*

"Hello people who aren't Zay!" Isadora smiled, looking around the bakery. "Where's Zay?"

"Right here!" He jogged into Topangas, most likely coming from Lucas' place.

"Are you jealous, Farkle?"
Isadora smiled smugly as Zay hugged her from behind.

"When did that happen?" Farkle whispered.

"At the party, apparently." Riley whispered back. She was happy that smackle found somebody she liked, but she never guessed it would be Zay; They were polar opposites.

"We leave on Friday for the trip," Maya interrupted. "The cost is $50 each, any of you got it now?"

"I have the money." Farkle handed her five ten dollar bills.

"Course you do, rich boy."

"So do I." Smackle added money to the pile, along with Zay.

"You, Riley?"

"Yep," she smiled, reaching into her purse.

"I don't think you should be the treasurer." Smackle watched as Maya started to pick up the stack of money.

"What are you saying, that I'm not responsible?"

"No I'm not, I'm just saying that-"

"You think I'll steal it? Or lose it?" She mocked, giving it to Isadora instead.

"You know I don't mean it like that maya." She rolled her eyes.

They continued to argue until Farkle whistled loudly.

"You're both arguing over nothing, It's just money."

"You should know.." Maya said under her breath.

"You're right, I should, and I do know that money has no true value. It's just a piece of paper, so stop being difficult." Riley cuddled into his arm, trying to console him.
"Everybody just calm down, if we're arguing now, the trip will be even worse."

"I'm out of here," Zay scoffed, taking Smackle's hand. "See you on Friday!"

"I guess I'll leave too, three's a crowd." Maya flashed a smile.

Riley glanced at Farkle, who was already staring at her.
"Do you do this all the time?" She smiled.

"I was hoping you noticed one day." He smiled. She suppressed a giggle.

"Aw, that's all I get? A cute giggle?" He pouted.

"Oh you want more, huh?" She laid her forehead on his, biting her lip.

"Don't do that to me, Riles." He blushed.

"Do what?" She asked innocently, batting her eyelashes.

"That!"

Riley grinned, intertwining her fingers with his.

"Where's your ring?"

"It's safe, don't worry!"

"Did you eat it?"

"Yeah?" Riley laughed nervously.

"Yeah, me too."