Red smiled softly, following my gaze to Emma. "What can I say, I do love her." He sighed, a love struck sparkle in his eyes. "She's the most perfect girl I've ever met and I love everything about her, even the broken parts."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, no need to get sappy on me, I do believe you have a phone call to make."

"Yeah... yeah... I'm going to go." He blushed lightly as he left the room in a fluster, closing the door behind him. "I'll come back later to talk to Emma."

Leaving Red be, I took my seat by Emma's side, watching as the clear mask over her nose and mouth fogged with each of her breaths. I always felt awkward during these situations, I never knew what to say to my little sister. The doctors all said it was good for close friends and family to talk and be with people who were in a coma, that there was a chance they could hear but not respond. I couldn't help but think of it as Emma's consciousness trapped in a room with no doors, no windows, no light. Able to hear the outside world but not touch it. Even Night couldn't communicate with Emma, though nobody had seen much of Night in months. I'd sent her back here with the rest of Emma's Pokémon but since then she and her Pokéball had vanished. Melody had told us not to worry and it was a matter only concerning Emma.

"Well..." I sighed, running my fingers through my shaggy red hair. "I erm, spoke to Destiny yesterday... She's going to come visit you next week but she's been so busy at her mother's cafe since her aunt passed away that she hasn't had the chance to come visit in ages..." I gently took her hand into my own, holding onto it tightly. "Please wake up soon Em... I know you're just recovering but things have become so confusing without you... I almost didn't realise how much I've come to depend on you..." Again I sighed, looking out the window briefly at the beautiful day behind the opened glass.

Red opened the window every morning. Since he stayed at the Pokémon Centre over night, he was the first one to visit Emma every morning, opening the curtains and the window, turning off her bedside lamp and removing her nighttime blanket so she didn't overheat during the day. I came a bit later since I needed to wait for Anne to be ready and take her to Blackthorn City's small school before coming to visit.

Glancing briefly at my watch I sighed in disappointment, I was going to be late for the gym if I didn't leave soon. Though I'm sure Claire would understand, she always did. "Well, I have to go otherwise I'll be late... apprenticeship at the gym and all..." I stood up and lightly kissed my sisters forehead. "I'll come by later, as usual."

Pausing for a moment, I waited for some sort of response but none came, not even a muscle twitch. Her pulse remained steady, as did her breath so with a small sigh, I turned to leave without another word. Please don't be much longer Emma, I miss you.

~*🌸*~
~Emma's pov~

When I woke up, I found myself in a bizarre situation. My head felt awake, I thought I could hear but the rest of my senses seemed dead. I heard the sounds of Pidgy tweeting nearby, singing a morning song that not even I could understand. Faint sounds of a Pokémon battle also reached my ears, a feeling reminiscent of home as Claire's battles were often so intense, they could be heard through most of Blackthorn City.

So, you're finally awake now?

"I think so, I'm not entirely sure though. Am I?"

How the hell should I know? I've been stuck in the Council for the past few months. Arceus is not happy with me at all. Night sighed, I could almost imagine an eye roll from my Ninetales. But Melody convinced him to wait until you woke up to pass any judgement, provided that I keep myself out of trouble... It's been agony.