59- Closing the rift

Start from the beginning

~*🌸*~
~Emma~

I slept on and off for quite some time, or at least, it felt like quite some time. I couldn't be sure. When I did wake, Silver or Red were often close by, someone was always by my side. They held my hand, stroked my hair and often spoke to me in a soft, calming tone. They argued often, but generally took it outside my room when they did, most likely so they wouldn't disturb my rest. I couldn't move much, the pain was too intense and now I was safe, I had no need for movement.

Silver fussed over me like a mother Ducklette, making sure I was eating, although he was fine with me eating a lot less then I did while in Team Rift's base as he, unlike Kathrine, knew that I wasn't someone who ate much, especially when I was scared, sick or anxious. All three I felt now. Silver was satisfied with a couple of mouthfuls of soup or a few bites of a sandwich a here and there. He made sure I was warm or cool enough, changing my blankets when needed and so on. Fluffing up my pillows and helping me limp over to the bathroom when needed. Claire had gotten me a room on my own and a special one with a bath since I didn't have the strength to stand long enough to shower yet. I hadn't yet seen Claire but I'd been reassured numerous times by both Silver and Red that she was fine and just helping to clear out Team Rifts HQ in return for the special care I was being given as well as to make sure I was a safe as possible from them. I'd also made sure Serenity had been found and was safe, fit felt wrong to abandon her now as she had been quite a large source of help and moral strength when needed. A lot of Pokémon had been recovered from Team Rift's base, including Diancie who under my special request, was to remain uncaught. Diantha had promised to see that the Rock-Fairy Type got home to the Diamond Domain safely once she was stronger but until then she, like me, was under special care and protection.

Serenity had been given four options as she too was a special case. Many of the Pokémon Team Rift had stolen would either have their trainers tracked down and returned to them, if their trainer did not want them then they would be put up for adoption or given the option to be returned to the wild. Serenity too had these option, return to her trainer, be put up for adoption or released to the wild as well as an additional choice, join my family of Pokémon. Of course the Audino had chosen to join me, although she didn't want to battle so she, like my Lopunny Pom-pom, would simply assist in the care of my other Pokémon when I couldn't look after them.

When I woke - my mind still abuzz with thoughts of everything that had happened in just the span of a few days - I was met with the same dizziness I'd felt every morning, enticing a groan from me. I opened my eyes, wincing against the harsh light of the hospital. A hand started stroking my head, something not unusual for Red or Silver but when my eyes grew accustom to the light, I saw Claire instead. I forced a tiny smile for her, it felt like an age since I'd seen her last even though reality said only about three weeks. She smiled back, a real one unlike mine but she didn't seem to mind that I'd forced my smile.

"Morning sweetheart." Claire greeted softly, still stroking my hair.

I carefully rose my hand to hold hers, it trembled slightly but I managed. "You--you're okay?" I questioned, my eyes tearing up slightly as I did.

Claire nodded. "I'm fine." She promised. "Sorry I haven't been here lately, I wish I could have but now at least, almost everyone who was apart of Team Rift or Team Galactic has been arrested." She smiled as she said that. "Cyrus and his admins as well as the two admins of Team Rift included."

"What about Kathrine?" I whimpered, feeling a frightened tear roll down my cheek. "She's still out there, isn't she."

"Hey, don't cry." Claire soothed, wiping it away. "Kathrine did manage to elude arrest but she can't keep that up forever. She will be found and put away for a long time and she won't ever touch you ever again, I made sure of that. Promise."