59- Closing the rift

Start from the beginning

"Hey hey hey, calm down Em. Everyone is fine. Promise. Red should of been in here with you--" As he said that Red came out of what I'm assuming was that bathroom, freezing when he saw me awake and Silver glaring him momentarily before turning his attention to me with a much softer look in his eyes. "Claire is still assisting with taking over the rest of Team Rift and your Pokémon are all back at Blackthorn City Pokémon Centre in a perfectly stable condition-- everyone is fine now and you will be too."

Silver ran his fingers through my hair, gently hushing me calm. I was, at this point, half asleep - still hiccuping lightly as my brother did his best too soothe me. He fiddled with the blankets, making sure I was properly tucked in. It only took a few minutes for a nurse to enter the room, pulling my brother briefly aside but I continued to drift off as Red took his place. The Nurse came back to my side, gently reattaching the two different needles to my wrist after cleaning the area and switching for clean needles on the tubes of course.

I closed my eyes, the needles didn't seem to scare me like they normally did with Red holding my hand as tightly as he was. One of the needles brought a numbing sensation, taking away my pain and my consciousness with it.

~Silver~

"I told you she'd freak out, why weren't you with her." I growled at Red, furious within him for leaving Emma as I dragged him from her room, not wanting to risk waking her. "She could have been seriously hurt if she'd made it out of the hospital. There are still quite a few members of Team Rift out there and Emma could very well die if she has to go back, she's way too weak to go through any of that again." Over the past five days Red and I had been taking on and off shifts watching over Emma as she slept, knowing that she'd be scared and quite disoriented when she did eventually wake up.

"Look, I'm sorry okay. Yes I know the risk and if I'd known Emma would decide then of all times to wake up, I would have waited to use the bathroom." Red explained, I could tell he'd honestly felt bad about leaving Emma so I decided to leave it as it was.

Shaking my head, I took the seat next to Emma's bed. She was asleep again, which was expected. Emma was completely drained in pretty much every aspect of her being, physically, mentally and emotionally and no doubt just ready to go back to Johto to recover. Unfortunately we couldn't take her back just yet. Whatever Team Rift had done with Emma, it was working. Only slowly but the sky had begun to change, twisting and churning with an array of blacks, purples and white just above Geosenge Town. People were worried -scared - and it was getting more difficult to keep the police and media away from my sister. Thankfully, Claire had convinced the champion of Kalos, Diantha, to provide Emma with special protection from a the Kalosian Government. Since no one knew exactly how to fix the opening rift, the worlds only hope could very well be Emma, the main problem was keep everyone away from her until she had recovered enough to try.

Emma needed rest, she hadn't slept properly in well over two months and she was obviously beyond exhausted and needed whatever protection she could be supplied with until she was strong again. Since Claire was still working with a small army to infiltrate and take over Team Rift's HQ, it was mostly down to me and Red to protect her as nobody else was allowed in Emma's room - other then the doctors and nurses who were responsible for her recovery of course.

I sighed deeply, leaning back in my chair. It was all very exhausting. Red and I had to travel from the other side of the region where we had literally been dumped from the helicopter, in less then a week which was no easy feet. I was just sorry that I hadn't been able to get here sooner, save Emma from the pain of having two months worth of pain, pent up power and anger forced out of her in the span of a few minutes and used to power a weapon of mass destruction that was literally ripping a hole through space. Couple that with the fact Emma believed she'd watched Kathrine kill me and been helpless to to anything meant that Emma simply couldn't handle any more. She was done, she'd broken.