{Chapter 7}

Three tests.

Test 1.

I opened my eyes to see the gym in front of me, I looked around me. Same students same teachers.

"Attention students."

We all looked up to see Mrs. Heldge.

"Please you will be shown pictures on the screen, the only rule is that you can not speak or look away."

Everyone nodded.

Strange rules...

The teacher moved out of the way and the lights turned off. Just then a bright light shot in front of my eyes. It was just white paper.

Oh great.

I have to be staring at that thing!

I kept my eyes on it regardless, Caleb said I was gonna be tested on three things. Maybe me staring at that was one.

Minutes flew bye slowly and I haven't taken my eyes off the white paper. No matter if I felt a tap on the shoulder or people talking.

The lights turn on again and Mrs. Heldge appeared.

"Thank you students."

Then in a blink of an eye I was in another place.

Test 2.

I was in a familiar bedroom covered with purple walls.

My bedroom?

I heard a thud outside my room. I creeped behind my door to see a black figure stabbing my mom and dad on their throats. Bleeding and not even breathing for a second, tears stream down my face. But for some odd reason I couldnt see my parents face they were... Blurry.

Probably cause I never really knew my parents, that was also a blurry place.

I blinked twice to see the shadow who took my parents lives gone.

I quickly creeped closer to my parents but even if I went closer there faces were blurry. I sighed feeling two eyes staring at me.

Great Im going to get murdered my worse fear.

I slowly turned around to see a person in a black hoodie with a bloody dagger but I also see a knife near me on the floor.

Im suppose to fight a murderer?!

I grab the knife frightened not even looking away from the murderer as I stand back up the figure charges at me with the bloody dagger.

I block her with my knife making a sound. I push the blade away from me and kicked the figure meeting its head on the wooden floor.

This was my chance!

I kneeled down to the figure who was staring at me.

The person's eyes seem familiar.

Even if it was my perfect chance, I'm no killer...

In a blink of an eye, I was somewhere else again.

Final test.

This time I was outside in an unknown place, with buildings surrounding me. Just a grey stale sidewalk.

I sigh walking like a regular person until I hear yelling coming from a store.

"No! I worked today for your hours so you dont get paid!"

"Well yeah! You know what I-I... I quit!"

A girl with blonde hair and a blue backpack bumps into me and walking away with rage.

Damn...

I walk into the store seeing the person who was there not in sight.

"Hello?" I called.

I looked around, and then I saw a hundred thousand dollars in a briefcase near the cash register. I blink and suddenly I'm in a back but still the same briefcase in front of me.

"C'mon man grab the briefcase!" I guy said in a black mask.

Then I also realize I was wearing one too. I grabbed the case and was about to leave until I saw a sign near it:

"Help donate to fight people with cancer and together we can stop cancer!"

My stomach dropped and I knew I cant take that briefcase.

"HEY! GET THAT BRIEFCASE RIGHT NOW OR-"

"Dude that money is for people in need-"

"I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT DO IT! I WILL SHOOT YOU."

This is a life or death situation...

I took a deep breath.

"Take my life." I said closing my eyes waiting for my life to be over.

After a couple of moments I didnt hear a gunshot, I opened my eyes to see Caleb and Cecile whispering.

What just happened?

Caleb finally notices that I'm awake.

"Hey, you didnt die." He chuckles.

"What?"

"Heh, that thing I injected in you were tests to see if you've reached your full potential."

Full what?

Caleb comes close analyzing my face.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Wow you actually survived the three tests." Caleb says giving me a hand.

I take it and get my butt off my seat.

"Which was?" I asked.

Caleb leaves the room.

"Well the tests were patience, fear, and heart." Cecile explained rolling her sleeves.

"Oh." I said.

"Oh is right, we gave those tests to people and lets just say, they didnt pass." Cecile smirked.

"What happens if you don't pass?"

Cecile looks at me grinning madly.

"Thats a story you dont wanna know, but if you do, you can always visit the bodies in the garbage room." Cecile says smiling and leaving me in the room hanging with the same question from the start.

Where am I?

I creeped over to the door to see a little bit of Cecile and Caleb whispering. I leaned in close to hear a little bit.

"-pretty good though." Caleb says.

"Yeah Huvias children though must be in their blood." Cecile said.

I stop listening to their conversation.

Hvuas only has one child though...

I suddenly see Caleb smiling at me.

"C'mon I wanna introduce you to the guild."

I nod my head and left the room.

I followed him to see a huge big area similar to the cafeteria upstairs.

"Welcome to the ghost squad." Caleb said.

"Cause where we go." He says coming closer.

"Will always be invisible to everyone upstairs." He says.

He leans in meeting his lips to my cheek, he pulls away.

"And that kiss will always be there, also a ghost. But I know you will return it." He smiles.

I scoff.

I know I have to get out of here... But I need more information.