Tuesday December 5th

GUESSSS WHAT! I GOT INTO UCLA! OMG, I am so excited now, I came home from school and the letter was waiting there for me. Then I checked my email and I got an email from them too. (I guess they planned so they would email me the same day I got my letter, they are really smart) I immediately texted all my friends and put a new status update on Facebook. I got a bunch of congrats, all I got from Tyler was a Congrats too, I don't know what is up with him. He ignored me all day today and yesterday, not even a hello. BUT for the first time in a week, I don't even care, because GUESS WHAT I'm on my way to California sun and beaches hello! (Ok well not till next fall, but at least I have something to look forward to)

So my mom took my family and me out to dinner to celebrate, she said maybe now was a good time to talk about the future and stuff. This made me worry because maybe she was going to say I couldn't afford to go UCLA, I meant she let me apply, that would be really rude to be like you can't go.

At dinner:

"I'm really proud of you Calie" my dad said.

"Thanks" I said back.

"Have you thought about what you're going to major at, at UCLA and what kind of job you will get after school" my dad said. (What I have to think about this, I have like 4 years)

So I said, "Well I'm good at math, so something with that."

"Well there aren't a lot of jobs in "math", maybe you should consider engineering or another career based in math" my dad said. (Uh I didn't want to do engineering; it's so technical and confusing)

"There are lots of good jobs that are math based, but there are lots of other skills you need for those jobs, you need to be diverse" my mom said.

"Well the first two years you can't even declare a major, so I'll have time to take some classes base on what interests me, I've researched it" I said. (I’m going to be a pro at college)

"Well you know we will cover your tuition, we have money saved up plus your grandparents have offer to help, but you might need to take some loans for room and board, or you might want to consider getting a part time job" my dad said.

"Yeah something on campus because you're only in classes 15 hours a week, so if you worked like 15 hours you could still have enough time to study and join some clubs" my mom said. (Seriously I've researched all this, I got it all planned out)

"Well I have plenty of time to think about this, but what your trying to say is what I can 100% go to UCLA because I want to get the ok with you before I commit" I said.

"Well you should wait till to officially commit till you have the financial aid in order but we will be 100% behind you if that's what you want to do" my dad said.

"We will miss you of course" my mom said.

"I won't, can I turn her room into my video game room" Alex said talking for the first time this whole dinner.

"Hey I'm still going to come back during breaks" I said.

"Yeah but my room is so small, I could use an extra room for my video games, David has like 2 video game rooms" Alex said.

"That's cause he is rich" I said.

"Alex, no you can't have Calie's room, but I will consider getting you a bigger TV" my dad said.

"Yes" Alex said.

"We need to start making plans to visit, I already booked the flight and hotel, but you need to think about what you want to see" my mom said to me. (Not sure if you remember but I'm going to California right after school lets out, my mom told me last week about the flight but I didn't really feel like writing about it because I was too busy worrying about my relationship but now since this news I'm really excited to go visit my favorite state, we are leaving Saturday the 16th and coming back on Monday, my mom only wanted to take one day off of work)

"Yeah I will start researching it this week" I said. (Oh yeah stupid Alex is coming, because my mom said it would be good for Alex to start thinking about colleges, seriously he better not even step close to UCLA)

So yeah fun conversation with my parents and of course Alex tries to capitalize on me leaving. Wow I can't believe I am actually going to California. So Excited!!!!

Anyway I went home and went on Facebook to see if I got anymore Congrats, which I did. Yayy. I also got an invitation to Derek's party, I didn't really want to go, but that again, Derek's been nothing but nice to me, so saying I can't go when I don't even have reason is kind of mean, so I clicked yes to attending, looks like Derek invited the whole school, or at least everyone he is friends with on Facebook, only about 20 people said they were attending, about 70 said maybe and 50 said no, mostly girls.

Then Ruby imed me.

Ruby: Hey Congrats

Me: Thank you, just got back from dinner with my family

Ruby: What did Tyler say when you told him?

Me: Congrats that's it

Ruby: Oh

Ruby: Hey Quinn and Katy want to get on chat to do have AIM

Me: Yeah

Ruby: Ok im me then my screen name is RedRuby817

So I jumped on AIM, I haven't been on this since middle school. I'm just going to use names instead of screen names easier

Katy: Ok I got news but first Congrats to Calie for getting into UCLA

Me: TY

Quinn: Congrats!

Me: TY

Katy: Ok so big news, Jack just broke up with Miranda he just left from over here

Ruby: YAYYYYYY

Quinn: Ruby that's mean, so is Miranda really upset

Katy: she is super upset, Jack tried to let her down gently but it didn't go over too well

Quinn: everyone still thinks Jack is the father that is not going to over well tomorrow

Katy: I'm sure he plans on telling people he's not the father

Me: I hope people believe him

Ruby: Well hopefully Miranda tells people the truth

Katy: Me too, or else poor Jack, he just wants to be out of this mess

Quinn: We can back him up

Katy: Yeah it might help, probably not since everyone knows me and Jack are friends and we are all friends

Ruby: So what is going on with you and Jack?

Katy: NOTHING

Ruby: are you sure?

Quinn: I mean he broke up with Miranda

Katy: Yeah but she was being a bitch to him, he had no choice

Ruby: I always thought she was a bitch

Quinn: You think everyone is bitch

Ruby: No, you guys are all nice

Me: Thanks

Ruby: You're welcome

Katy: ok well I just want to let you guys so you get a jump on the gossip =)

Ruby: TY, you know I LOVE gossip

Quinn: LOL

Me: LOL

Katy: Ok see you at lunch tomorrow!

Quinn: bye everyone!

Ruby: Night

Me: Bye

So two good things happened today