Monday August 28th

Picture of Mai -------------------->

..................................................................................................................

  Monday August 28th

  So, I just got back from school, and this is how my first day went.

  I had to wake up at like six A.M. which sucked. So, I was super tired.  I thought about doing my makeup but I ended up just being lazy and just putting on some lip gloss and mascara. Luckily I have decent skin. I could never be one of those girls who get up an hour early to get ready. I enjoy sleeping too much.

  I had breakfast, and, no surprise, Alex wasn’t up yet. You would think that he wouldn’t want to be late on the first day of his new school and the first day of highschool but whatever. I don’t think he cares, but my mom made him get up.  I waited in the car for a bit, and I even pretend to drive away. (I would never really drive away, but I just wanted to be funny) So, the drive wasn’t that bad only about a mile away; Alex could have walked if he’d really wanted to.

When we got to school, I got as far away as I possibly could from Alex. From first impressions it seemed like a normal high school with your normal people, the jocks, the geeks, the band geeks and what have you.  Whatever, I am not going to belong to some clique.

  Everyone was talking about their summers. This is a pretty well off neighborhood, so I assume that  they do some pretty awesome stuff in the summer, like backpacking in Europe. Actually, that might be too poor for them, maybe Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to go Hawaii. Okay, off topic, back to first day of school.

  I found my homeroom.  I walked in, and, seriously, everyone stared at me. (Yayyy being new!) I really should have come early, stupid Alex. I looked for my name around the open desks; I spotted it quickly and sat down to, hopefully, spare myself the embarrassment.

  Yup, boring first day shit in homeroom. No one said anything to me, which was good. I didn’t want to have to talk to these people anyway; I was tired.

  First period English: sigh, my worst subject, and it’s in the morning when I am barely awake.  Good news, I sit behind this gorgeous guy, Eric. Oh. My. God. Okay, so he is blond--I don’t usually like blonds, but I have to make an exception for him--blue eyes, amazing body, quarterback of the football team as I later found. Wow. He’s totally out of my league though, sigh.

  First awkward moment of the year--my teacher decided that we were going to do this interview for our first assignment and she paired us up. (I was like “Hot guy, one time, please”, but no such luck for me.) I got paired up with probably the most annoying guy in the school: Derek. Maybe I was just tired but his voice really gave me a headache.

  Derek asked, “Are you new?”

  I replied, “Umm yeah.”

  “Where’re you from?”

  “Ohio.”

  “Really? Where in Ohio? I have cousins from Ohio.” And,insert more talking here; I was honestly half paying attention even though I was supposed to be doing an interview oh well.

“Northwest,” I replied back.

“Oh, my cousins are from central Ohio. Anyway, now I have something to write about.” Derek said, his voice much too cheerful for the first day of school.

 Anyway, the rest of the class he mostly talked about himself, at least I got a lot to write about, nothing interesting enough to write in here though. I asked him at the end if he thought he got enough for the interview, and he said that he's got me pegged and will be fine. (Pegged? Seriously?)

  Physics was the next class: double period. There was no Derek at least, though no Eric either. My lab partner, a quiet Chinese girl named Mai, seemed alright. She asked if I wanted to sit with her and a couple of her other friends at lunch. Obviously I said yes since it will beat sitting by myself, which I usually do.  Mai is a bit taller than me, with short straight black hair and dark brown eyes.

  Government was next. Eric was in this class, but he sits across the room from me.  Next on the agenda was Study Hall--free period woot-woot! Then French--with Derek-- was the last class before lunch. Derek is still annoying in French, though if I got him into a beret it would at least be a bit comical.

  Finally, lunch rolled around,with Mai and her friends, Katy, Ruby, and Quinn.  I think this group would be classified as smart girls, but not geeks. Though Katy seems to be decently popular as she is good friends with a cheerleader, or they are neighbors.

   Katy has dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, and perfectly straight white teeth; she’s on the shorter side like me.  Quinn is tall, at least to me, but probably close to average for most girls. She has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses.  Ruby has dark red hair with light brown eyes and is couple of inches taller than me.  

   I catch up on some basic knowledge of the school. Basically, Eric is the guy who all the girls want. Especially since he recently broke up with his now-at-college girlfriend. I probably still don’t have a shot though; curse you, cruel fate!

  Accounting, with Mai and Quinn, and Calculus, with Derek, were the last two classes of the day. I dashed off to the car at the end of the day and waited for my brother. When he finally got there, he started talking about a really cool kid he met whose dad designs video games. He is apparently going to go over his house this weekend to play some games that aren’t even out yet. (He is going to talk about it all week probably, annoying) At least he will be out of the house this weekend.

  I told mom about my day, omitting certain details--I hope she doesn’t read this--and now I am writing to you a book. Friends, I need more of them. Okay got to work on my homework now, aka my essay about Derek, blah.