Chapter 12

This chapter is plot, but VERY HEAVY PLOT about Red's past and some of the ways his parents tried to... Control his emotions. I do not recommend reading this chapter if you are sensitive about organized crime, child abuse, or drugs, especially if you are sensitive to forced druggings. I don't want to be responsible for triggering anyone, this is pretty heavy stuff.

===========================

The Vacktor family is known throughout Washington as the richest bitches in the state. Vacktor Incorporated is known for their architecture. Half the buildings in Seattle will have a bronze plaque that displays their dominance over all the other land companies in the city. It was in every newspaper in Seattle when George and Venus Vacktor died. Since there was no publicly known heir to their fortune, everyone was very confused as to why their fortune simply disappeared. It seemed as though someone else had inherited the fortune when the Vacktors died. But many reporters who looked into it found nothing. It seemed as though the Vacktors had paid a LOT of money to keep whoever inherited their money a secret. But with enough money, those "well hidden" secrets can also be discovered.

The Black Leopards had paid a generous amount to get the right people in the right places to give them the proper intel. Red Michael Vacktor was a very well hidden secret. They should know, considering the money they had to pay to get his name.

He had never been enrolled in any schools or special programs, but many pharmaceuticals had been paid for under his name. Interesting drugs. Flunitrazepam, ritalin, alprazolam... Many drugs known for their sedative effects. Meaning that the boy will probably be skittish, hyper, violently tempered, but also unstable. Apparently the Vacktors often drugged their boy to calm his unpredictable emotions and wild temper. He had some sort of unusual condition where he was born with what seemed to be high levels of Thermochromic Liquid Crystals in his blood. This caused him to change color with his emotions and when subjected to different temperatures. There may have also been some sort of clairvoyant powers involved, and the boy was labeled as highly dangerous and unable to function in normal society.

But the Black Leopards were aware that this Red Vacktor was no threat. He was just another unusual case whose parents locked him away because they couldn't handle his differences. But they didn't care either. The only reason the Black Leopards wanted this boy is for his newfound fortune. A man child with mental issues from child abuse and forced drug usage who had also never been outside before age 19 had no business with all that money in their opinion. Educated professionals were better off with that money. But there was no way the kid would hand all that dough over when they asked. Even an uneducated peasant like him would ask questions. So what does the mafia do when people refuse them money they want?

They take it by force.

===========================

Okay, for those who don't understand exactly what happened in this chapter, let me break it down.

Flunitrazepam: Also known as Rohypnol. Commonly abused as a date rape drug. Knocks you out and gives you amnesia. Used in some countries to treat severe insomnia.

Ritalin: Another severe drug used to treat ADHD and narcolepsy. Can cause rapid or irregular heartbeat, delirium, panic, psychosis, and heart failure. Yeah, none of the drugs the Vacktors were force feeding their child were simple drugs.

Alprazolam: Most commonly known as Xanax. It can treat anxiety and panic disorder. Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination.  It belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect.

These drugs the Vacktors used to try and tame the crying, depression, and uncontrollable emotions that their child displayed due to his abuse. Though they tried to control his emotions and color-changing, they couldn't, causing them to slowly escalate to more and more serious drugs. Probably the reason why Red and the other colors are as happy as they are despite the abuse is because they can't remember a lot of their childhood. Since the majority of their childhood was blacked out by the amnesia effects of the forced drugs.

However Thermochromic Liquid Crystals are the chemicals that make mood rings change color. Based off of the theory that immortal_seapig gave me because I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm glad if you learned something. From this fic, but I'm sorry if you did want to learn these things. I understand why you didn't.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕