Chapter 18

To clarify, when I say Cory in this chapter, I mean NewScapePro.

===========================

Red looked in wonder around Party City. He was surrounded by colorful balloons, sparkling ribbons, and huge displays of candy. There were noisemakers and flimsy hats lining the shelves. Ross was walking down the isles shoving things into the basket like it was a normal everyday thing. But to Red it was an experience. His first party store, his first birthday, the beginning of a normal life.

Ross was trying not to get impatient with Red as he proceeded to point at every thing in the store and say "what's that?"

"What's that?" Red asked.

Ross sighed. "That's a game called Twister. Listen, Red, how old are you?"

"Um... I don't know." Red admitted.

"Alright!" Ross looked him up and down, trying to guess how old he was. "So... Twenty it is!"

He shoved a pack of candles into the basket. "Oh! What are those?" Red asked. Ross sighed again. It was going to be a long day.

                –•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

"A birthday party?" Max looked up at Ross. "How old is he turning?"

"Um, 20." Ross said. "Are you coming?"

"Sure!" Max said, shoving another mouthful of cereal in. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow." Ross replied.

"Well that's kinda last minute."

Ross snorted. "Tell me about it."

Max finished off the last of his cereal. He smiled at Ross as he stood to put his bowl in the sink. "Well, it doesn't matter. As long as you're there it'll be fine." Max said, wrapping his arms around Ross' waist as he started washing Max's bowl for him.

Ross snorted with laughter. "Sure, Casanova. I love you too. Now go find something we can wrap as a gift."

"Not without my kiss." Max insisted. Ross gave a little groan of frustration and amusement before giving in. Turning away from the kitchen sink and kissing Max's cheek.

"There, now you go get Red a present!" Ross ordered, smacking Max's rear. After a yelp of surprise, Max grinned.

"Sure thing, nerd." Max replied, bowing sarcastically.

Tim walked in at that moment, grabbing a bag of pretzels. "Put my name on it too!" He shouted as Max was walking away. "I'm too lazy to get the guy a present!"

Ross shook his head. "Whatever. Tim, put on some anime."

–•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

Meanwhile Yellow and Barney were in their own house. They were baking the birthday cake. "How much chocolate, Yellow?" Barney asked with a smile.

"ALL OF IT!" He said giggling.

"As you wish, birthday boy." Barney said sweetly, putting a generous amount of cocoa powder in. "Chips?" He held up a bag of chocolate chips for Yellow to approve. Yellow hastily grabbed a large handful of the chips and shoved them into his mouth. After a moment of chewing Yellow grinned and poured some into the batter.

Yellow insisted on putting the cake in the oven. Barney put the gloves on his hands and stood by anxiously as he carefully lowered the cake into the heat of the oven. As soon as he cake was in the oven Barney slammed the door shut, breathing out a long sigh of relief. "Alright!" Barney gasped, still catching his breath. "Let's get ready for our guests!"