Chapter 29

Time for some mindless fun!

===========================

"Like this?" Blue said shyly.

"Yeah!" Ross smiled at him. "You're a natural!"

"Thank you." Blue mumbled, blushing.

The guys were trying to teach things to the colors. Having safe, productive things to do seemed like a must at this point. Since Red seemed to be a different color every day, the guys deemed it appropriate to teach each color something new. Purple and Blue seemed to be the most comfortable with knitting and sewing above all the other activities Ross had shown them. So Blue was learning to sew while Purple learned to knit. It was a slow, often frustrating process, but the guys were proud of them.

Right now, Bue was just practicing stitches on an old strip of denim. Barney, being the over-protective boyfriend he was, insisted on getting safety scissors and the dullest needles available. But the colors weren't the only ones learning new things. Max had taken a long and enthusiastic lesson on making flower crowns with Yellow. Now Max was an expert on weaving anything from dandelions to bleeding hearts or roses into intricate accessories.

"He's doing well." Adam remarked in hushed tones, trying not to disrupt Blue's fragile focus.

"Yeah." Barney said proudly. "He's a quick learner."

"Apparently." Tim said. "I have no idea how he learned everything so fast. He learned to swim in two days!"

"I'm impressed with his math." Max interjected. "He's better at math after a month than I am after twelve years of public school. The guy's a freakin' prodigy."

Adam nodded. "It's a shame. With his talent the guy could've done anything he wanted to."

"'No." Barney whispered. "If he had been born a normal kid, his future would have already been planned as the Vacktor Incorporated heir."

"Oh, yeah." Tim winced. "The guy's got a fortune."

"God, no wonder you guys were attacked." Max muttered, trying to be quiet. "They probably want his money."

Barney nodded. "We figured as much. My question is how do they keep finding us?"

Tim rolled his eyes. "God, they're organized crime. Jesus Christ, don't question how they get shit done."

Barney smiled uneasy. "Yeah, I guess."

Suddenly, they heard clapping, disrupting their conversation and throwing their train of thought off track.

Blue had successfully done his stitches in the shape of a heart, something he'd been working on for weeks. Ross was applauding him. The guys quickly joined in.

"I'm so proud of you!" Ross said, hugging Blue. Blue smiled weakly, but nonetheless, it was definitely a smile. Barney's heart soared.

"What are you going to do with your denim now that you're finished?" Ross asked when he let go of Blue.

"Blue... Blue wants give it to someone." He whispered.

"Alright!" Ross smiled kindly at him. "Barney?"

To everyone's surprise, Blue shook his head. "No." Blue said quietly.

"Then... Who are you giving to to?" Adam echoed everyone's thoughts.

Blue held out the scrap of cloth to Ross, looking down at his lap nervously. "Thank you for teaching Blue." Blue whispered. "You were so kind and patient."

Ross gladly took Blue's gift, pulling him in for another hug. "Thank you so much for letting me teach you." Ross said in return. Nobody missed the tear in Ross' eye that day.

–•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

When Barney went into Ross' office a week later, he noticed the scrap of denim hanging on the wall alongside pictures of their friends.

===========================

That was so CUTE! We've GOT to do that again sometime.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕