Chapter 32

It was nice to see your fan theories about Pink. Really, there were some cool ones. Let's clear up the "cannonical" story.

Trigger warning. Rape, violence, child abuse, and George isn't a good person. Neither is Venus. They're both bad people.

===========================

Barney came home to hear Red talking to himself. This was not unusual by any means. After all, the colors were constantly speaking to him in his head. But something was off. He knew it as soon as he heard the tone in Red's hushed voice. 

"You.... Haven't said anything... For years..."

He could hear Red's voice break. Red was definitely crying. Barney wanted to go and comfort him, but something stopped him. The part of him that wanted to eavesdrop on his conversation. He knew it was wrong. It was an invasion of Red's privacy and a betrayal of his trust. But something, some instinct, told him this was important. He could practically feel the magical energy in the air. He knew his instinct was correct. Finally, he gave in, settling down near the doorway out of sight. 

Red was crying. Not sobbing, but emotion flooded his voice. He was whispering, like he was afraid someone would hear him, or he would be punished for saying this. Like... He had a secret.

"Where have you been?" He asked. "Why did you abandon us, sister?"

Barney was taken aback. Sister? They had a color sister?

Red heard the voice within his head. I did not abandon you. She said. You assumed such a silly thing because you have abandonment issues from mama. I love you. I would never leave you.

"Then why did you?" He asked.

As I said before. I did not abandon you. She corrected Red. I was lost. Lost in the Darkness. 

Red was silent for a moment. He knew the Darkness. The Darkness was something the colors had created to escape the trauma of their everyday lives back in the days of their imprisonment. It was comforting, but only for some time. If they spent too long in it, they would get scared. Monsters came to get them... They never knew what the monsters lurking in the Darkness were. They were as black as the Darkness itself. And one of them... had red eyes. Eyes that glowed so bright it cut through the black like a knife. They feared that one the most. 

After what happened to Pink, Red understood exactly why Pink had disappeared into the Darkness.

                –•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

"Daddy! Stop it!" Pink pleaded, putting her hands out as a defensive measure. But it was all in vain. She couldn't stop him. A child against her older, louder, stronger father. 

"Shut up!" He hissed, forcing his daughters hands down. "God, you're so fucking loud."

When George started pulling Pink's clothes off, she knew what was happening. NO. Not again. Tears sprung up in her eyes. She couldn't take it again. 

George looked up to see her eyes glowing with magic, she snarled at him and put her hands up to his chest. But before the girl could cast her spell, George hit her. Punched her so hard her jaw cracked and bent under the force. She nearly passed out, and her magic was gone. She was helpless now.

"Ugh, always trying to pull that damn spell on me." He spat. "Witch."

"I'm sorry!" She tried to say. But he wrapped his hands around her neck. 

"No, you're not." He said. There was hurt in his eyes, but Pink didn't care. She couldn't care. He was cruel. To her, he was a monster. He was right, she wasn't sorry.