Chapter 38

Barney had never seen Red so angry in his entire life. He constantly wore a determined, cold look in his eyes. He dropped Pudding off at Adam's house to be taken care of. Red didn't sleep. He didn't even feel the pain anymore. Barney was concerned. But in the end, he was just as determined to find Navaeh.

Jake had major programming and hacking skills, which he used to aid Red and Barney in getting whatever information they needed. The more they found out about Heather, the more they hated her. When she was a child she had sent her mother to the hospital by shoving her off a cliff before her bungee jumping equipment was fully secure. She went to numerous end of the world rallies and the thing she bought the most were Jesus candles. Seriously. This woman bought more Jesus candles than she bought food. Heather was about a week or two away from being evicted and she had narrowly evaded getting Navaeh taken away from her several times. By the end of the third day, Red had had enough. He was going to get Heather arrested one way or another. He loaded up another disk with the information that Jake had gathered, withdrew about a thousand dollars from his bank account, and dragged Barney off to the police station.

Red angrily kicked the doors open, slammed the disks down on the secretary's desk, and threw the bundle of money in her face.

"I want a warrant for Heather Grace Shade's arrest NOW!" He demanded. The woman looked a little dumbstruck, not that Barney blamed her. He'd be a bit disoriented if someone threw a thousand bucks in his face.

"Um... Who are you exactly?" The woman asked.

"I'm Red!" Red shouted. "I'm tired of all the lies! I'm Red Michael Vacktor and I want a warrant for arrest!"

The secretary sighed, burying her face in her hands. "There's no way you can be a dead boy." She said.

"I will prove that I am who I say I am." Red said.

"Oh really?" She spat. "How?"

"Arrest my aunt and we'll take a DNA test. If I'm not Red, you can arrest me for wasting your time. If I am Red then you have to arrange for me to get on TV so that I can finally tell the world the truth about my parents." Red said. "Also, keep the money. I don't need it."

The secretary looked a bit skeptical, but she picked up the disks of Heather's information.

"Do we have a deal?" Red put out his hand to shake.

At first, she hesitated. "These disks... Did Heather really do something wrong?"

Red nodded solemnly. The secretary carefully took the desks and then reached out to shake Red's hand.

"If I look at these disks and Heather really did do something illegal, then I will have her arrested."

Red smiled. "Thank you miss." With that, Red grabbed Barney's hand and walked them calmly out of the police station.

"Umm..." Barney worried his lower lip between his teeth. "Are you sure that was a good idea? Are you ready to tell the world the truth. The whole truth?"

Without a doubt or a pause Red nodded. "I'm supposed to be living free." Red said. "It's time that I actually did so."

Barney leaned over and captured Red's lips in a kiss. A long, passionate, loving kiss that Red wished could go on forever.

"Then I support you." Barney whispered against Red's lips. "Let's send this bitch to jail."

Red giggled and wrapped his arms around Barney in a hug.

While they were still locked in their loving embrace, it began to rain. Always raining. Red and Barney looked up at the sky together and let the rain wet their skin.

"We should go home." Barney said.

"No!" Red exclaimed. "Come on, this is great! I love the rain!"

Before Barney could protest, Red took him by both hands and lead him out to the middle of the parking lot. Now the rain was really coming down. Pouring from the sky in torrents. All Red could do was smile and giggle. He spun them around in a dance. Barney felt a little pain in his back, but he could ignore it for the moment. It had been so long since he had seen Red smile. It lifted his spirits and made him grin right along with him. He didn't fight against Red as he started to lead them in a dance. It was a lot of spinning and twirling and splashing in the puddles, but Barney couldn't help but love it. They ran with each other and danced and laughed so loud that passerby stopped to stare. But they didn't care. They stayed out for so long that Red's onesie hung off of his body. It was heavy from the water. They only stopped when they were shivering and blue at the lips.

When they got home they were freezing. "A bath." Red stuttered around his chattering teeth. "A hot bath."

"Agreed." Barney moaned. He was the one to draw the bath, adding some bubbles. Red loved bubblebaths. He loved bubbles. It was endearing to see his smile when he was covered in bubbles. As he thought about Red covered in bubbles, Barney added a little more soap into the water.

It also helped to censor each other when they got it. It's not as if they were uncomfortable seeing each other's  bodies, but they didn't reject the privacy either.

Red sat back with a sigh of satisfaction. "I'm glad that you're in my life." He told Barney. "I'm so happy that I met you."

Barney leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss against Red's cheek. "Me too." He said quietly.

They fell asleep in the bath curled up in each other's arms with smiles on their faces.

===========================

Too much drama in too little time! It was time for something happy to happen again. Eat my fluff, nerds.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕