Calling

Wins stood there in his outfit from last night, I beamed at him, "I see you must've had an excellent night," at least one of us did.

"Honestly I think she broke my penis," we burst out in laughter.

"What are you doing here?" What happened to the girl from last night?

"I had to find some food suitable for her to eat. Perks of having my own pad honestly."

His parents were often absent and when he was young they didn't think anything of it as soon as he was able to walk they put him in every kind of sport and game possible so he'd stay busy. By thirteen it was nanny after nanny to watch over him and by fifteen he was just alone, with his dad leaving and his siblings around he had to be the man of the house and it forced his mother to work more than before. Even when she wanted to slow down and be around she couldn't as often as she wanted to. Leaving whatever nanny and Wins to hold down the fort for long periods of time.

"I didn't get your message because my phone died, last night didn't turn out as planned."

"How so?"

"-"

"I stepped in before she could make a mistake that she would regret," he cut me off making me roll my eyes, the way he acted about certain things aggravated my soul.

"Well-"

"Wins I'll see you in school," he hugged me tightly knowing he would make us part soon.

Whispering in my ear he then said, "Text me when you charge your phone gorgeous," he winked grinning, and walked away.

I tilted my head to the side, then turned around to drop it.

"So that's the person you went to that filthy place with?" He shook his head, "Don't hang out with him anymore."

"Excuse me?"

"Stop hanging out with him," he must've been chatting to me in another language because I didn't understand the bullshit leaving his mouth.

"I forbid you from hanging out with that guy."

I laughed out loud when I faced him, "Forbid?" I laughed again, "You're off it if you think I'm going to let the only friend I have go."

"He was-"

"Save it, I couldn't do what I wanted to yesterday but when it comes to Wins I'm not taking your shit, that's the line. Know your place," I hissed he made me upset the crease in my forehead showed it.

The rest of our grocery trip was silent we packed things onto the conveyor belt silently, we even packed things into the car silently and unpacked things into the house silently.

I kept headphones in my ears just so he wouldn't talk to me. The car came to a hard stop as the car stopped. Taking my seatbelt off the sudden pull of an earbud out of my ear made me turn.

"Did you need something?"

"You asked me my name," he looked me in my eyes making my face hot, "my name is Madrid."

"Okay," I spoke getting out of the car and taking bags out of the trunk.

Heading into my room I dove onto my bed and grabbed my cellular device off of the charger and powered it on to message Wins. Closing my door I needed every inch of space I could get. Being in the wrong headspace, I wanted to cry and scream and throw myself onto the floor all at once.

I stared at the blank homework page before me and didn't move until I heard a knock on the door snapping me out of my trance. Moving the books off my lap I realized tears streamed down my face and onto the pages, still with no words.