Chapter 27

Ross' POV

~~~~~~~~

Stay calm Ross, I'm sure they can find some common ground and become friends... Certain.

I sit on my couch some potato chips sitting beside me. Flicking through some pointless TV-shows.

I hear laughter outside, that's weird. Who would be laughing right next to my house? I walk over to the front window and look out, I watch I amusement as Max and Shelby walk up the path laughing their heads off. Am i dreaming? Are they getting along?

I open the door and stare at them as they try to gather the ability to talk.

"H-Hi ehehe Ross!" Shelby giggles. Max walks up next to her smirking in delight.

"What did you do to her?!" I ask in confusion.

Max just smiles even wider. "You... can keep him!" Shelby says finally finding her voice.

"Did you.. drug her or something?" I ask in fear.

"Hah! Nah, I just used my terrific humor. " He says proudly.

"AGENT ZED!" Shelby says going inside and heading to her room.

I look back and forth between Shelby's door and Max who seems very proud of himself.

"...Butt Knights? I ask trying to understand the situation.

"Pfft. No. Agents, besides if she were a Butt Knight her voice would get on my nerves." Max says shuddering at the thought.

"I LOVE YOU GUYS" Shelby yells from her room.

"SHUT UP BOOTIUS" Max and I yell in return instantly coming up with a name.

~~~~~~Time Skip:SCHOOL~~~~~~

"MIITTHHHHROSSSSSSSSS" Jess calls as Max and I approach the computer lab.

She runs and tackle hugs us, "I FEEL LIKE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU GUYS IN AGES" She yells, we both laugh.

We join the rest of the gang in the computer lab, Adam sighs loudly. "Can you believe that school will me over in like two hours? Summer holidays here we come!" He says punching the air.

"Yeah, a lot has gone on..." Red says looking outside.

"DON'T THINK I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN WHAT YOU DID RED HEAD" Max shouts charging at Red.

Barney quickly steps between them.

"What's done is done." He says his accent gone.

"You never did tell us why you can suddenly speak perfect English.." Adam points out causing us to all look at Barney.

"I don't like people taking me seriously. People don't tak, me serious when I talk like thus." Barney says switching to his accent in a mere second.

"Then why do you talk to Red like that ~ OOoooo!!" Jess says making a heart over them.

"Am i missing something?" Adam asks curiously.

"Nothing!" We all pipe up.

Silence falls upon the group of a bit, till finally I decide to break the silence.

"So what are you guys doing for the summer?" I ask.

"I'm meeting a guy i play with a lot. Also I'm thinking of starting a youtube channel." Adam says smiling.

"OOooO a guy eh? What's his name??" Jess asks, causing Adam to instantly blush.

"I-It's not like that! Deadlox, I mean Ty and I are just friends and..." He starts.

"OHH HE IS BLUSHING I SHIP IT THIS WILL BE THE INTERNETS LIFE I GUARANTEE!" Jess yells, Adam covers his face in his hands.

"Youtube huh? Sounds fun. Contact me when you become famous! I'll edit for you then." Max says smirking.

"DON'T FORGET TO PLAY WITH ME!" I chime in.

"Sure i will! I'm sure one day, we all will play together from across the world! We're always going to stay friends right?" Adam asks.

We all laugh and nod "OF COURSE" We all say.

"This lunch is waaayyy to sentimental for me. I'm gonna head to class, bell is ringing soon anyway, Ross wanna join?" Max asks.

"Sure!" I say following along, we say our goodbyes and leave hand in hand.

~~~~~~Time Skip:After School~~~~~~~~~

After school Max pulls me round a corner and looks me in the eyes.

"Listen Ross.. i know things have been fun and all but i got some bad news. After this summer I'm going to be leaving to go to an editing school so i can learn to ya know, edit better at least. This is my last summer here." Max explains looking down.

I stare at him for a few minutes processing what he said, i wont see him again? Editing school? Last summer? I swallow down my fears and sadness.

"Max what are you talking about? That's not bad news! That's great! Think of how much you'll learn and how many job options will open up for you!" I say excitedly.

"You mean? You don't mind that I'm leaving?" Max asks surprised.

I wrap my hands around his neck and jump up to kiss him, he holds my waist as i kiss him deeply, pulling away i nuzzle into his neck.

"I'll always love you Max, that's a guarantee we can always video chat when you are gone but if are leaving for good. Then I think we need to be open to new relationships... But until the day you leave. Let's make this the BEST SUMMER EVER!" I say smiling slightly.

We both cry into each other as we both know we have to leave each other when Max leaves, but it is for the best I know that. I've grown up so much these past months, even though a lot of drama has happened between us i think that has only made us love each other more. 

We both look into each others eyes.

"Promise to never forget me?"

"Promise."

We smile brightly at each other.

"Come on, Adam and the group are meeting for milkshakes, let's join them." Max says, pulling me behind him.

I can't wait for summer to start.