Chapter 26

Ross' POV
~~~~~~~

"Come on, Shelby! You out of all people should understand! Mum was just one person! Please try to understand!" I call.

"Oh I understand!" Shelby starts from the top of the stairs as I chase after her, " I understand that Max has only ever brought you heartbreak and sadness! Just like Jin, but you keep letting him back in our life! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN!" She screams.

I'd told Shelby about Max's job and everything else, but she hasn't having it. In her mind I was just falling for another heart-breaker. And I just don't know how to convince her otherwise!

Shelby slams her bedroom down and locks it, I sink my back down against it holding my head in my hands.
I need to figure this out, on my own. I'm sick of depending on others.

"Shelby, can't you see how happy I am now? You don't hate Max, really you don't. You just hate who you think he is. And until you are willing to break that illusion. I'll be waiting." I push myself to my feet and head in for the night.

"..... Night Shelby..."

Shelby's POV
~~~~~~~~~

'You don't hate Max, really you don't. You just hate who you think he is.'

When did Ross become so smart?

I hold my knees closer to my chest, sighing deeply. I just... Don't like him. Maybe Ross is right... No. He is right. But how do I, where do I, even start?

I pull myself onto my bed, I take off my little, white, crown earrings and place them on my bedside table.
'Might I say little, white crowns suit you'
...maybe... Just maybe I'm willing to give whatever Ross has planned a shot.

As long as he is happy, I am. I smile at the thought and slowly find myself falling into a dreamless sleep.
'I want to fix him' oh Max... You already have..

~~Time Skip~~

Ross' POV
~~~~~~~~

I pour milk into my cereal and rub my tired eyes, I watch as Shelby walks down the stairs and sits next to me.

"Okay." She says.

"Okay what?"

"I'll try to like him... If you want me to, but I have no guarantees!"

I grin widely.

"And I have a plan!" I say triumphantly.

"You do? What?"

"You two will going to go out for coffee. Without me." I say sternly.

She almost spits out her milk, swallowing she stares at me in shock "Ross! That is so stupid, I mean he wouldn't agree to that would he?" I ask.

Ding dong

"I had a feeling you were going to accept my offer. That would be Max!" I beam.

Max's POV
~~~~~~~~

You can do this Max, make Shelby like you, make Ross happy. Make everyone happy and woo hoo. Don't be nervous it's not like she is going to try and kill you, she wouldn't be able to anyway...

The door swings open, Ross stands there excitedly, jumping up to hug me.

"You sure about this Ross?" I ask cautiously.

He nods. Shelby soon appears next to him, dressed and ready.

"Well! You two have fun! I'm staying here bye!" He says slamming the door after he pushes Shelby out. Wow, nice.

We both stand in silence looking back at the closed door, both wishing we could go back. We already agreed might as well go.

Why am I so nervous? Damn it don't be scared!

Shelby's POV
~~~~~~~~~

Why is he so confident? "Come on, let's go over to the Starbucks a few blocks over." He says.

How can he always be so assured! I wish I had that level of confidence.

"So, I hope Ross didn't force you to do this against your will." He chuckles, I smile slightly feeling a little more at ease.

"Nah, I'm just doing this to make him happy. If he can like you, then you can't be such a bad guy." I lie slightly, that's what I thought of Jin...

"Hey uhh, I know you think I'll end up like Jin but.. I'm going to keep Ross safe okay?" He says rubbing the back of his neck while we walk.

Woah. Mind reader.

Silence follows us for a good few minutes.

"I didn't your job would be uh.. That.. I honestly thought you were some secret agent." I say wearing a fake smile.

"Yeah? I wish. Against Zed, reporting for duty." He says putting on a voice. I stifle a laugh but can't hold it as I laugh my signature giggle.

"What's so funny... Agent Sheddddd" He says grinning.

"AGENT ZED THE BURO SENT US ON A NEW MISSION" I say putting on my best agent voice.

"Is that so agent Sheddddd was it to find the almighty... All holy... MATT DAMON!?!" He asks.

By the time we reach Starbucks we can barely order, both laughing our heads off. The waiter stares at us in confusion.

"S-sorry! We would like two pumpkin spice lattes one for agent Zed and one for the unfortunate Shumpy. " Max smirks.

"WHY AM I UNFORTUNATE!?!"

Phew. Sorry for the delay guys, this book will be ending like REAL SOON. I just thought that Shelby and Max should make up, sorry if the characters seem a bit off, haven't written in a while. Hope you enjoyed anyway! (Wasn't  edited again)  I have another chapter planned so hopefully it won't take as long.