Chapter 19

Round Two !Fight!

Jin's POV
~~~~~~~

Hmm was this a bit over-kill?

I stare at Max as he shifts in his sleep, tied to a chair. Relax, I'm not going to hurt him! I just need him to stay here for a long time. A very long time.

His eyelids flutter open, he straightens up and looks around the room then to his arms he tugs at the ropes. Ha, pathetic. He glances up at me slowly, his eyebrows narrow as he growls.

"Sleep well?" I tease.

"You really are insane." He huffs.

"Yeah, maybe. " I say shrugging.

I get up ready to leave, my next plan needs to take place after all. I open the door out of my basement.

"So you're just going to leave me here? " Max asks.

I tilt my head at him and smirk, "Will you miss me?~ Don't worry I'll come back for you later."

"If you fucking hurt Ross.." He mutters.

I put a hand over my heart and act shocked "What? No! I'm not going to be the one to hurt Ross!" .
I smirk and point to his chest.
"You are." I chuckle.

He looks at me slight fear in his eyes, at last I can finally see it! Fear...mmmm.

"W-wha?" He stutters, something I've never heard him do.

I wave a slip of paper in my hand smiling evilly.

"I'm going to leave this note in your house! Ross will come looking, read it, become heart broken by you. And come crawling back  to me!" I chant.

"Why does this matter to you anyway? You don't even love Ross! Why tear him apart?!" Max yells into the stale air.

I slowly walk down the stairs and lean towards him smirking, our faces inches apart. (I know what you all are thinking and they are not going to kiss.)

"I do not love Ross. And never will. But I never have had a challenge before, and now that I do. I am determined to conquer it." I whisper.

Once again I leave and start walking up the stairs.

"Oh and Max?" I say grabbing a candle and lighting it.

"I decided to, learn a little about you." I place the lit candle a tiny bit away from him, he desperately tries to move backwards.

"Aww, it's not like a tiny flame is going to hurt anyone? Haha!" I laugh as I exit my basement. I have a note to leave.

Max's POV
~~~~~~~~

I stare at the fire, terrified. It dances in the darkness making the room look more haunting and creepy then ever.
I hate fire. Any fire. And this is no exception. I push my body against the chair, I have to get out. I need too!
I stop for a second to catch my breath. These ropes are too tight dammit! For a second I see the candle again. The flame mesmerises me. The past crawls into my mind. No. I will forget. I have to forget...

~~Flashback~~

"MAX!! MAXY COME HERE TO MUMMY!!" My mother yells.

"I-I can't! There is too much fire in the way! I- AHH" A burning plank of wood falls I front of me.

My parents huddle in the corner surrounded by fire calling me over, it's safer near the door.

"Come on son! Hurry! Don't hesitate this is your only chance! " My father calls.

But the flames are too tall, to hurtful it will never let me through!

"I-I can't! There is no path for me Mum!" I yell out.

"MAKE A PATH FOR YOURSELF MY BOY, DON'T LET IT BEST YOU WHEN YOU HAVE THE UPPER HAND!"

Staring into the blazing tongues I charge, rushing to my parents. Never hesitate. Make your own path.

I reach my hand out towards my mothers, she opens her eyes ready for my embrace.

"Grab my hand Maxy! Just take my ha-" A horrifying shriek ripples through the smoggy air, a burning roof collapses onto my mother, my father grips his leg which is stuck under the roof just like my mother.

"MUMMY!" I shriek, I run towards the blazing wood "MUMMY WAKE UP!" I scream as I try to dig myself under the roof, the wood hurts my hands. It hurts.

"Son help! Max please!" My father calls, his leg stuck.

I run over and try to help, to pull. I'm not strong enough. Why can't I be strong enough!?!

My father touches my shoulder lightly, I stop tugging at the burning wood and turn to him. My vision foggy from tears.

"You can't do anything for us now Max. Your mum and I love you so much. Take care of yourself out there. Remember. When you get the chance for something great, take it. Don't hesitate. " My father says, tears roll down his cheeks.

"I- I'll train dad. I'll become so strong that I'll be able to save anyone! I will be able to fix anyone! A-and I'll know everyone! I'll make sure that every threat is gone! You'll see... I-I love you dad. Please stay with me." I plead.

My father grabs my and pushes me out the breaking door, the home starts collapsing, policemen grab me and hold me back from running in. Gone. My family is gone.

But still, who left the candle burning?

~~Flashback over~~

....

I won't hesitate.
I will take the chance when I get it.
I will become stronger.
I will fix everyone.
I will know everyone.
I will get rid of every threat.

Oh I know I threat. No more holding back, no more hesitating. I struggle under the grasp of the ropes as I manage to pull my body forward. Using my legs I grab the candle between them and bring it towards my hands, I hold the flame against the now blazing rope.

No more fear.

MMM hmmm! Been super excited to write this chapter!