Chapter 20

I'm sorry okay! I had a school camp, I also have a life! I'm sorry! This chapter was meant to be longer, so the part that Pixie writes will be in the next chapter instead. I hate leaving you guys hanging but please understand I have a life outside of wattpad! I didn't want to post this chapter because it's jumpy and unrealistic compared to the others I have wrote. It frustrated me, this is the sixth try at writing this chapter so I've given up making it any better. Enjoy it.

Ross' POV
~~~~~~~

Max didn't answer any of my texts or calls on Sunday... And he isn't at school today. He really is making me worried...
I wait by the gate looking both ways, double checking if Max is coming to school today. He may act like a cool badass rebel but he actually gets pretty good grades. He does care about school. But where is he?

Jin rounds a corner and gives me a nervous wave, odd for him. I ignore him and keep looking for Max.

"Hey.. Umm have you heard anything from Max?" He says, scratching his neck and stopping next to me.

"No, he doesn't answer my texts either." I state, I don't want Jin to see my emotions.

"Oh.. Look Ross I'm sorry." Jin says, refusing to look me in the eye, I stay silent and let him continue.

"I-I've been a real jerk to you and Max... I hate blaming my mistakes on someone else but I've been brought up differently from my Dad... He was a.. Bad guy. I'm trying to get better but the way I act is the only thing I know." Jin explains, shuffling his shoes against the pathway.

"I understand you won't forgive me. But can I at least help you find out what's wrong with Max?" He asks.

"Playing the victim role eh? No Jin." I say. I run into the school before he can say anything more, I'm going to be late anyway. 

~~Time Skip:After school~~

Having nothing else I can do and being worried sick I rush over to Max's apartment. I run to the door I remember and knock on it, surprisingly it opens. I peak in callings his name into the quiet air. My eyes are drawn to a letter on his kitchen table. My name is on it. I pick it up and start to read.

Ross.

I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I don't love you. I don't really see who could. You are hard to manage and needy, I want to live my own life without you tying me down. I'm leaving to somewhere fresh, don't try and find me. You will only regret it.

Yours Sincerely - Max

I put the sheet down, no. That can't be true, please make it not true. I slowly walk out of his apartment, I'm not even mad really. Just, disappointed. Sad, confused. A mixture of all these emotions.

I drive home without any thought, I unlock my home where safety and happy memories rest. And got to bed.

"Ross, are you okay?" Shelby asks, I lay my head in my pillow.

"Fine" I whisper.

"Ross, does this have to do with Max?" Shelby asks, sitting next to me.

"Yes." I answers bluntly.

Shelby sits next to me frowning at me in doubt. "What happened Ross?" She asks.

I tell her everything, not caring about anything anymore, does it really matter?

She pulls me close and hugs me, I shake and finally let my tears out. Why? Why?