Chapter 22

Red's POV (WOAH THE SIDE CHARACTER IS IMPORTANT!?!)
~~~~~~~~

Street lamps illuminate our path as my old friends and I roam the city streets. I had moved to my current school not too long ago for a better education but that didn't mean I wouldn't hang out with my old friends.
Cars speed by flashing bright lights at us as we laugh and talk. I missed these guys, a lot.

"Hey there is this really good bar across the street, we should go there, get a few drinks eh? Eh?" My friend suggests. Though I myself don't drink I follow along anyway, mainly to keep them out of trouble.

We swing open the bar door, I listen to the satisfying ring of a bell, welcoming us to our new surroundings. The bar is packed, drunks laughing in corners while men flirted with younger women at tables, the bartender sighed having seen it all before.

Our group sits at the stools and orders some drinks, I don't order anything and just examine the bustling room. I suddenly become very uncomfortable as I notice a deck in the middle of the bar with a pole attached to it.
Oh, it's one of those places.

"Come on Red, have just one beer, on us! Bout' time you tried one" My friends edge me on.

"Sorry guys, not feeling it today" I answer, grabbing a glass of water.

"Aww Come on! Red! Red! Red! Red!" My friends chant, man I hate peer pressure.

I thank the heavens as my their attention is diverted away from me, saved by the bell. I stare into my glass, regretting my decision to go out tonight. I could have been playing video games with Barney....
Come to think of it, I could just leave. They aren't forcing me to stay here, I gather my things and tip the bartender who gives me a look of gratitude.

I go to tap my friends shoulder when I notice what they are looking at.

Someone's on the pole.

I watch their body move gracefully through the air, attaching only their thighs to the pole and leaning backwards, exposing their toned abs. In the fluorescent light only their silhouette was visible  dancing with amazing strength, flexing their arms and shoulders while climbing up the pole to the ceiling. The bar was filled with cheers and whoops as the man I've decided by the body shape, crossed his feet on the pole and flipped completely upside down. He continued this until he reached the ground, touching it with his hands and supporting himself in a handstand before bending back over and standing. The psychical strength to do that is insane and the pole dancer is rewarded with cheers and flirts.  As his act ends and the lights come back on my smile fades...

I feel the redness from my face drain as I realise who the person on the pole is.
Everything slots together as I notice their bright, fluffy, ginger hair.

"Red? Red! Hey dude where you going?! RED"

This was a collaboration with Pixie. :) I hope some of you saw this coming... Eheh.