Chapter 13

It'd been a few weeks later and things had gone back to normal. We pretty much agreed to never speak about that night ever again.

Tonight Connor said that we'd go to the beach to just talk and watch the sunset for awhile. But he's been acting really weird and happy this past week...i feel like he's hiding something from me.

"We should leave in like 30 minutes so that we don't miss the sunset." He said from the other room.

"Kay." I replied putting my MacBook on the coffee table. I walked up to get dressed. I wore a short black dress with lace sleeves. I had already applied makeup because we shot a video earlier, so that saved me time. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs to see Connor waiting.

"Ready?" he smiled really big.

"Ready." I smiled back and we linked arms as we walked down the sidewalk talking.

When we got to the beach, there was almost no one there. Just a few couples making out in the sand.

"This is nice." I said as we walked along the water, getting our feet wet at times.

"And pretty." He said looking at the sun.

"Uh oh...are you going to start taking millions of pictures?" I laughed.

"No you're taking them for me." He handed me his iPhone and started posing in front of the sun. We took silly pictures of each other until we laughed and sat down in the sand. He pulled out his Vlogging camera to show the sun.

"So hey what's up you guys, I'm just here on the beach with Tay...and I just thought I'd show you the perty sun." I laughed as he said that. "So I'll talk to you later." he put his camera on the ground.

CONNORS POV~~~

I set down the camera without stopping the recording. This was it. The moment Id been preparing for, for 3 weeks. This was it. I was going to propose to Taylor. Ask her to marry me. Be with me forever. I carried the ring in my pocket the whole day and it was getting really annoying, so might as well.

I mean it's not like we just met or something. I've known her my whole life. We weren't strangers. Even though we were young, I just thought it would be a good idea to like, y'know confirm our love. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true.

"Y-you do know that I love you right?" I kissed her cheek.

"Yep." She smiled.

"And you do know that I'll love you for the rest of my life, right?" I asked as I prepared to get the box containing the ring.

"Yea." She said still smiling. She rested her head on my shoulder as she looked out to the sea. It was such a peaceful moment.

"Well..." I hesitated. I flipped open the box showing a diamond ring. "Will you marry me?"