Chapter Thirty

Dean's P.O.V.
     We got to the bunker late last night, so I told Cel we'd go on our date tomorrow. Today. I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited. I thought of this about a week ago, but everything's been way too hectic to actually do it.

     I'm going to take Cel to the diner we went to the day Sam and I met her. It seems cheesy and cliché, I know, but I think she'll like it. From what little she's told me about her past relationships, I can infer that there was never much real romance. No real dates outside of parties, no Valentine's Day flowers, not even the smallest of gestures for her. She deserves so much more. And tonight, I plan to show her that.

     I manage to sneak away early this morning. Cel has been sleeping in my room with me the past few days, so I have to be careful not to wake her up. I wanted to do something special for her this morning.

     I make her hash browns, waffles from scratch, eggs, and bacon and arrange them on a tray with apple juice and a single daisy in a small vase. I've noticed that the past couple of times I've made hash browns with breakfast, she's practically devoured them. So I assumed she likes hash browns. I also know that she likes apple juice more than orange. And finally, I know her well enough to know that if I had gotten her a rose, she would've called the whole thing cheesy.

     I pick up the tray, pull the legs of it out with my fingers, and walk back to my room with it. I push the door that I left cracked open with my foot. The hallway light pours into the room and spills onto Cel's face. The light causes her to stir, and her eyes open to a squint and land on me. Upon seeing me, she widens her eyes and sits up.

     "What are you doing?" She yawns, wiping the sleep out of one eye. She's so cute in the mornings.

     I smile. "I made you breakfast."

     As I walk towards her, she sits up. I set the tray down, and she returns the smile. "But why breakfast-in-bed?" She asks.

     I shrug. "I wanted to do something nice for you."

     Cel's smile brightens. Once she starts eating, she compliments me on the food. She finishes, and I take the tray back to the kitchen. When I return, I tell her to get dressed. She insists I stay in the room as she does so. She also insists on teasing me while she changes clothes and makes sure to stay completely undressed for as long as possible. This girl is something else.

     When Cel [finally] picks something to wear and puts it on, she grabs her bag and we head out. We both climb into the Impala, and I make way to our destination.

     "Can you please just tell me where we're going?" Cel asks when we've been driving for about an hour.

     I chuckle. "No! If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." A corner of my mouth curls.

     "Pleeeaaase," she begs. "Babyyyyy."

     I'm not going to lie, hearing her call me that kinda turns me on a little. I shift in my seat and try to focus on driving. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her smirk. She scoots herself a bit closer to me.

     "Please tell me, baby," she says, this time making her voice low. I feel her hand creep onto my knee and slowly start to inch up my thigh.

     "Cel," I plead, squirming slightly.

     This only encourages her. "What's wrong, baby?" She asks, pretending to be concerned. By now, she's right next to me. Her hand moves from my leg, and she runs her fingers through my hair. Damn her.

     "Don't make me pull this car over, Celeste," I bark. This time, she's the one to fidget. I triumphantly smirk. "That's what I thought."

     I guess she took that as a challenge. Now she sits with her whole body pressed against mine as I drive. She puts one arm around my shoulders, while the other hand runs through my hair again. Only this time, she forcefully grabs a fistful and tugs slightly. She leans in close until I can feel her breath on my ear.