Chapter Twenty-One

A lot has happened since I've become human again. The second trial made Sam sick. And of coarse, I couldn't help him at all. The three of us found the writer of the tablets. Metatron. He saved Kevin from Crowley. Kevin is an interesting character.

Cas was still MIA at that point. The bastard. He took my source of power again, yet somehow I kinda missed the guy. We were bonding. We were getting along. Then he basically teased me with my grace. He waved it in front of my face and played keep-away with it. He taught me how to use it and then took it from me as if it were never mine to begin with. I never realized how much being human really blows until I was something more. I felt like I had a purpose before. Now I feel totally useless.

I still don't know what to call Dean and me. I don't know if he even wants a title for us. For some reason, I'm afraid to ask. Sam knows about us. He saw us kiss, and he reacted with "Finally!" Dean just smiled and shook his head, but I blushed probably harder than I ever have.

With Kevin saved, the boys were able to find out the last Trial. They have to "cure a demon." None of us had any idea of what the hell that meant. On the way back home to research it, we'd run into Cas. He was hurt. We brought him back to the bunker and he told us that Crowley had taken the Angel Tablet and my grace from him. He also told us that he wasn't himself when he took my grace and that he wasn't bothered by Dean and me being together. That was good to know.

Regardless of that, while he was getting better, Dean and I pretty much gave him the silent treatment. Any shred of yearning I had completely vanished when he told us what happened. When he told us he was sorry for everything, Dean replied with something along the lines of "Everything? Like ignoring us? Like bolting off with the Angel Tablet and Cel's grace and then losing them both?" I hadn't know about him ignoring Sam and Dean. That didn't help his case for me. Some other words were exchanged before Dean and I left.

Eventually, we were lead back to the demon Abaddon that the boys had previously mentioned to me. She managed to escape once we put her back together (which was disgusting, just as Sam predicted), and we had to give up on her and get ahead of Crowley as he slowly took out everyone the boys have ever saved.

Crowley wanted the Demon Tablet in exchange for letting everyone they've saved live. We eventually agreed, but we had a plan. We had to capture Crowley and make him the third Trial.

On the way to the scrapyard they told me their good friend used to own, we all rehearse our lines we plan to feed Crowley. We don't have many, so it isn't too hard to memorize. We've planned to make it look as though the boys are fighting. I hardly have any lines. I was told to stand back for the most part to avoid getting too close to Crowley. After what happened last time, I don't have a problem with that.

We pull into the scrapyard, and I take a deep breath. I hope I'm not a horrible actress. I was never any good in those little elementary school plays we had. Then again, I suppose no one was, right?

I can do this, I can do this, I tell myself. It's just lying, right? Just lying.

The three of us exit the car. The boys look around at all the old, rusted cars, and it seems to me like they're reminiscing. Bobby has come up in conversation a few times, and I know that he meant a lot to the both of them. I intertwined my fingers in Dean's and set my other hand on top of his. My unexpected touch causes him to look at me, and I give him a comforting smile. He smiles back and pats my hand with his free one.

"Hello, boys." Crowley's voice startles me, and causes me to quickly separate my hands from Dean's. "Darling," he adds, looking at me. I scowl at him in return, but underneath it, I'm secretly hoping he didn't see that move with mine and Dean's hands. He can't know about us. He can't have anything else to use against us.