Chapter Twenty-Two

The three of us bring Crowley to an old abandoned church that we found. We set up a devil's trap and restrain him in it. After that, Sam goes to confession to purify his blood, and Dean goes outside to the Impala. I stay with Crowley. This is the only chance I have to confront him for killing my mother.

     I put my hand on the back of one of the spare chairs and drag it to the front of the devil's trap, never breaking eye contact with Crowley. I set the chair facing the opposite direction and straddle it so that the backrest is between my legs. My arms rest across the top of the backrest. For a moment, we just stare at each other. I'm somehow at a loss for words. I guess I never thought I'd actually come face-to-face with the demon that cut my mother's throat.

     Crowley sighs. "Are you gonna say something or just sit there and gaze into my eyes?"

     "Why did you kill my mother?" I ask.

     He raises his eyebrows a little. "Just gonna jump right to it then," he says in an almost impressed tone.

     "Why did you kill her?!" I repeat louder. "She never hurt anyone!"

     "I know that your beef isn't really with me," Crowley says. His expression doesn't change and neither does his voice. "You're just upset that Daddy stole your wings."

     I scoff and shake my head. "You don't know anything about me."

     "I know that your daddy issues are far worse than you let on," he says. I try not to let my face drop. "I know that those 'two' boys you told Sam and Dean about in the beginning was really more like six or seven. And that was just the first year of high school, wasn't it?"

     This time, there's no stopping my face from changing. My eyebrows furrow at him. "H-how do you know about that...?" I quietly say.

     He doesn't answer my question. "I know that you spent far too much time looking for some little bad boy to fill that gap in your life." As he continues, his words seem to heat me up more and more. There's no way he could possibly know all this. "I know about the drugs and the alcohol and everything you really did in your spare time." My hands start to ball into fists, and my eyes start to swell. "But you lied about it all, didn't you?"

     "Shut up."

     "You lied to the Winchesters so that they wouldn't know what you really are."

     "Shut. Up!" My angry tears start to slowly fall.

     "You're nothing more than a dirty-"

     "No."

     "-little-"

     "No!"

     "-whore."

     Finally, it's too much. "SHUT UP!" I stand up and flip my chair out of the way, charging towards Crowley. "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" Before I really know that I'm doing it, I start wailing on the demon. Each punch creates a new cut on his face. That smug, ugly face.

     Everything is red. Every time I hit him, he smiles, which only makes me want to hit him harder the next time. Furious tears stream down my face. He can't know any of those things. He can't! It's not possible. I've never told anyone about any of that.

     I yell as I hit Crowley. Everything is too blurry for me to know what I'm yelling, but I know that I am. My voice is starting to strain. How long have I been hitting him?

     Finally, I hear a voice behind me. "Cel!" Sam's voice. I hear him run towards me. "Celeste!" He grabs my shoulders from behind and yanks me off of the demon.