Chapter 19 - Why??

Start from the beginning

"What about you Ma'am?"

"Uh...yeah?! Well, I don't have anything half as romantic to share. It was a regular office day, I think half a year ago. We were discussing about the new artificial neural net technique that had been implemented then. There was so doubt I had in the working of the algorithm and I asked Abhi about it. I remember him rolling his shirt sleeves, running a hand through his hair as he went on to explain in detail to solve my doubt. Just as I understood the concept, I realized how he understands things in such depth, and how he explains things so well. His intelligence coupled with his boyish charm just struck me deeply. I wanted to go over and k-...hug him tight. It didn't hurt that his curly hair looked tousled to perfection and his voice was rich and smooth as he explained. I knew, right then, if I were to spend the rest of my life with this man, my life would be complete and I would be complete."

Abhi looked at her, pulling her close, whispered only for her ears, "You're such a geek!". Then kissed her warm cheek before leaning away.

The cameras flashed wildly.

After that day, Abhi had lost all sense of physical personal space and invaded Siya's personal space over and over again.

It didn't help that her body all but melted into his arms and under his touch.Even worse, she had started craving his touches. She couldn't sleep at night thinking about his eyes, his arms, his fingers and his lips. She was slowly starting to lose it and it made her feel frustrated and irritable.

Looking back at him lounging on her bed, she narrowed her eyes as she studied him. He seemed to have just woken up. He had one arm folded back to rest his head and the other busy swiping through what she presumed were emails. And he seemed fresh, having had his due of sleep she noted bitterly. The covers were only drawn up to his waist, leaving the rest of his unclothed body open for her gaze. Her cheeks heated up at the sight of his six-pack abs, his washboard chest, his perfectly sculpted arms. She especially loved the light dusting of hair on his chest, down his abs as the trail disappeared behind the covers. She shook her head. What the hell was she thinking?

The past week her libido, which she didn't know even existed, had gone into an overdrive. Something about  being his future wife had established a unknowing authority over his body. It was as if her brain subconsciously knew she would be owning him in the near future and decided to go ballistic.

Wanting to put a stop to her crazy fantasies, she cleared her throat.

Abhi looked up, a smile lighting up his face. God, the morning stubble looks so sexy on him!

"Hey Siya! Good Morning!" He said cheerfully. Of course 4:30 am was practically morning, but he didn't have to rub it in her face.

"Bugger off Abhi", irritated by the fact that he wasn't as affected as she was by his presence.

"Someone's cranky." He teased, scooting to the the side to make room for her.

She was in no mood to reply, she merely grunted in a non-response, shrugging out of her blazer, letting her hair loose, removing her earrings and kicking her stilettos. She dived headfirst on her bed, sinking her face in the pillow and groaning at the stiffness of her muscles.

She stiffened slightly when she felt hands at the back of her neck. She was too tired to protest as he slowly massaged her aching neck. She moaned as he massaged her shoulders. It felt so good to have him ease the tension in her shoulders and neck.