Chapter 12: Picnic With A Clover

Watching the Wall-sized TV screen, I let out a sigh of boredom. Instead of being productive in my plan of escape, my main priority was now just to fill the void of boredom and doubt. The only thing that drived me was escape, and now even that seems impossible. Just being left to my own devices made me constantly on edge, as if on cue, I jumped as a long creaking noise suddenly sounded from behind me. "Time For Lunch!" Papyrus called from the doorway. Taking a deep breath in relief, I rose from my seat, and followed him from the room.

Brightness burned at my eyes as I was lead out from big doors. The gaze of the sun gave off seemed all that more burning as I stepped into the overgrown garden. Glancing forward, there he sat. Lent against a sycamore tree puffing on a cigar. Papyrus halted at the door and pushed me towards him. Stumbling forward, I soon strolled to the neatly placed picnic blanket, and sat on the opposite side to him. He raised his irises to me lazily and took the cigar out from his jaw, putting it out on the tree. "Evening" he greeted.

Responding with a small mumble of a greeting, he sat up and reached over towards the basket. "Don't seem so happy for someone who was so desperate to go outside" he stated flatly as he started laying food on the blanket. "Well, being  trapped still isn't an ideal" I breathed, Shrugging his shoulders, he seemed to instantly drop the subject. "What do you want to eat?" he asked. Come on ____, just get on good terms with him, and he might let you go. "Just a sandwich" I responded. "Don't you mean a sanswich?" he winked, I looked at him confused for a moment, surprised he retorted to puns so quickly. "I helped papyrus make this lunch" he informed. Really? Did he waste his ' precious ' time just to do that? This moment was already making me feel sick to my stomach, he was trying to come across as his old self, but I knew who he really was, I knew who he really turned into.

"here" Sans lent forward a plate with a sandwich "thanks" I responded, yet right when I was about to pick it up, some yells erupted from behind me. Shuffling round I was met with the sight of many of sans' men fallen on top of each other I never even realised they were there before now. "What the hell are you doing out here!" Sans stood up glaring over at them. "They saw us! Everyone, scatter!" One said amongst the group, I laughed as they all scrambled away like mice, calling out apologies towards him as if they were children

(Bonus Chapter for reaching 500 votes)