Chapter 3: A Cold Hearted Boss

As soon as he disappeared from sight, I was once again hauled by the two men. Down a long corridor, after a couple of turns they opened up a metal caped door practically oozing doom and dread. Bringing me into the room, I was hit with an unpleasant chill. It was a room lined with freezers, the scent of rotten corpses and frozen blood hit my face like a brick. Reaching to cover my nose from the blood curdling scent, my arm was brought swiftly back down to my side. The freezer in front of me was opened and I was picked up.

No... N-no don't tell me they are putting me inside of that... thing. Kicking my legs and scratching their arms, I tried my hardest to escape their grip "Stop struggling, you won't want a broken arm, now do ya?" one spat, bending my arm backwards. letting out a scream, I was shoved into the icy tomb. The lid was smashed down before I could speak another word, my skin prickled and stung from the cold, the sound of metal caused me to panic as I tried to kick open the lid. It only moved ever so slightly. "No! Let me out!" I screeched "Sans!" I called the retched skeletons name. "SANS!" I yelled again, my lungs became labored as the chilled air shallowed my breaths.

After calling for what felt like hours, I finally gave up and decided to conserve my energy. Curling up into a ball, I tapped my feet and fingers as an attempt to regain any feeling in them.

I remember when Sans was actually nice, When he cared about others, When he'd make jokes to make people feel better, when he'd show mercy, that's not him anymore. No, not this cruel, cold blooded beast I saw before me. Wiping down one of the counters, I let out a small sigh of exhaustion. "Tired huh?" a voiced asked, turning to the smiling face I nodded "Well it has been a long day" he stated walking behind the counter I'd just cleaned. "I'll finish off closing up, you go head home" he smiled. "No I can't just leave you here to do all the-" I started before being interrupted "You have an important history exam tomorrow, don't you?" he asked knowing fully well I did because I had mentioned it earlier. "but.." I mumbled staring at the back of his skull as he headed into the kitchen "No buts here" he joked placing his boney hand over the back of himself. He gave me a wink cheekily. Letting out a small chuckle, I couldn't argue even if I did, he'd always manage to convince me otherwise.

Clutching my legs closer to myself, my mind pondered over the memory. Another memory came to mind.

"Hello my names Sans! Yeah, I know I,m on the slim side, you could say I don't have any skin on my bones"
He greeted after being introduced by the professor, causing most to chuckle or smile at his attempt at a joke. He was the first monster I ever came in contact with, and always seemed to make me laugh even when I was at my lowest.

Placing my head in my knees, I tried to keep conscious, my limbs frozen together like ice cubes, while my eye lids became heavy like weights. To think I'm going to die from being frozen to death. Soon my mind clouded, leaving me with only the feeling of numbness. Not a single joint could move, not a single vein could swiftly carry blood, and not a single thought could process anymore.