Chapter 7: A Late Introduction

Frustrated, I fell back on the bed. There was no logic for keeping me here, it's not like I'm useful to them through any means, I'm a nuisance if anything. Sitting up, I pulled up the fluffy hood of the jacket. Strolling forward, I decided my best bet was a escape. Yanking the curtains open, I stared out at the gleaming sun that lavished the land in an unbearably bright light. Finding the latch to the window, I tried to undo it, of course it was locked. I tried every window and all doomed me to be imprisoned. Taking a empty wooden drawer out of the dresser, I threw it at the window. It just rebounded almost hitting me. After several useless attempts at escape, I just plopped back down on the bed and decided to sleep until the door was opened, there must be a reason he pulled me out that freezer.

"_____" turning over I let out a small yawn. "Wake up" peeking one eye open, I was greeted to a skull staring down at me. Turning over, I ignored him completely. "Supper's ready." he stated "Get dressed" something was placed beside me. Once he left the room I turned my head to discover a bag had been placed beside me. Peering inside, I found some of my clothes. Did he break into my apartment or something?... he probably did. Hopefully he didn't find my novel stash. Sighing, I was atleast thankful for a change of clean clothes that were actually my own. Changing into them, I sat back down on my bed. "Are you done yet?" a voice called through the door. Was he really waiting out there the entire time?

Lounging back on the edge of the bed, I didn't bother to reply. The door opened, and he walked in completely unfazed. "let's go, before it gets cold" he pushed, seeming to ignore the situation and my frustration. "Like hell-" before I could even start he interrupted. "Do you really want to starve?" he asked, strolling close to me. Now he mentioned it, I was really hungry, but I'm sure he meant it as a threat. Before I could even protest, I was plucked from my bed and carried out the door. "Hey, put me down!" I spat, he shook his head nonchalantly "It's easier keeping an eye socket on you this way" he smiled down at me. I tried my hardest to wiggle from his grip, but my muscles were still stiff from the ice. Finally being placed down, he still kept a tight grip on my shoulders as he lead me through a door, and towards a long dinning table. Shoving me into a chair, he took the seat next to me.

"Don't you dare move" he breathed, crossing his arms on the table. Leaning back in the chair, I noticed henchmen scattered about the room chatting with one another, yet none were seated. A clap of hands rung in the crisp air. Turning my head a familiar lanky skeleton that held a plater. All the scattered men took a seat hastily. Some spaces were left here and there. "I Hope You Are All Ready For Supper!" the tall skeleton laughed. A cheer irrupted as a Platon of maids brought out the food.