Chapter 5: Apologies To A Dead Girl

"After all these years, what the hell were you thinking?" he paced back and forth behind me. The shouting hurt my ears that were already damaged from the cold, a ringing sound soon emerging from my mind... I... I could have easily died back there...
Holding at my sides, I was shaking but not just from the cold.

"I just don't understand..." he trailed off, staring at me, my tears trailed down my cheeks, as I tried my hardest to calm myself in front of him. What happened to Chris? How come I'm not dead yet? "Why?" I sobbed, burying my head in the covers that surrounded me. "h-hey" raising my head from his voice, he was knelt infront of me. "Please don't cry" he held my shoulders softly. My tears didn't stop though, I tried my hardest to move back from him "look, I'm sorry okay?" he stated, letting go of me, he stood up and strolled behind me. Wrapping the cozy covers tighter around myself, I just wanted to stay in front of this fire forever, never to move again.

He sat down on a seat behind me. My head drooped, even though my clothes were soaking wet from head to toe, and were latched onto me, the warmth gave me a sense of sleepiness. "Tired?" he questioned, I turned to him but didn't speak, instead I plopped onto the carpet, and curled myself into a ball. "Don't sleep there" he sighed, walking up to me he held out his hand "Come on" reaching out, he propped me up. Guiding me out of the room, he held me up right. Up a flight of stairs, I was taken to a room on the right.

Opening the door, he flicked on the lights, a bedroom appearing before me. "I want to go home" I mumbled quietly into my blanket "you're too tired to even try" he huffed. Letting the layers fall from my shoulders, my clothes were soaked and still a tad frost bitten "across the hall is my room, you can borrow some clothes if you want" he offered, sounding extremely distant. I didn't thank him, not after what he did, or who he was.

Walking past him in the door way, I went to the room down the hall on the other side, walking in, I flicked on the lights. It was furnished with the typical furniture throughout the house. I would have complimented it, if not for the current predicament I was in. Opening up a closet, I stepped in. Finding a plain white shirt and black pants, I closed the door to the closet and changed. While changing, I spotted some blue fabric on a high shelf, as I tried reaching for it, it fell on top of me. Removing it from my head, It was revealed to be Sans's old jacket. He used to wear it all the time, and it always appeared so warm and cozy. Putting it on, it gave me a sense of comfort and safety in this unfamiliar place. He never necessarily gave me instructions on what to wear. Bundling up my previous clothes into a wad, I walked back into the other room, finding him on the comforter awaiting my arrival. Walking in, I chucked my wet clothes on the floor next to the bed.

"uh.... Is that my old jacket?" he questioned as I shrugged my shoulders while avoiding any eye contact. I pulled back the covers and crawled into bed. Pulling the covers over my head, all I wanted to do was sleep. "night" he sighed before flicking off the light switch, and closing the door behind him.