Chapter 2: The Bartender's Girl

Holding my head in my arms, the car jolted to a stop sending me into the walls of the trunk. Letting out a hiss in pain, the sound of footsteps unnerved me. "Over in the back" a muffled voice directed. Curling up, I didn't want to leave this dark enclosed space. An unsatisfying click made me flinch as dim light filtered onto me. Two pairs of hands grabbed at my arms. Being set on my feet, I opened my eyes to be greeted with a looming mansion. Please no... mentally cursing myself, I dreaded meeting the boss, this was the very thing that I was avoiding. "Move it" being dragged forward, I barely got my footing to keep up with the two men. Reaching the door, I was walked down a long hall, men were lounged about, all attentions seemed to be drawn to me. Stopping infornt of a stair case I glanced around at the mid 1900s furnishings.

"Someone get the boss!" the man that captured me shouted his hands still tightly clutching my arm. I didn't even bother to struggle with this many eyes on me I'd be dead were I stand if I even dared to escape.  lowering my head, I tried to think a solution or anything that wouldn't send me into a state of panic.

Everything fell into an eerie silence, no men chatting amongst themselves, no cards being shuffled across the table, no cigars lit as the clack of footsteps drew closer. Not daring to raise my head, they soon came to a halt, leaving me fearful."Why was I called?" they spoke flatly, the voice froze me like I was on death row. I was right... taking a deep breath the man spoke next to me "After dealing with that bartender I caught his gal" he spoke proudly "his gal huh?" slowly steady steps frightened me as I tried to back up only to be held tighter. Chilled fingers grabbed my chin bringing my head up. White irises stared into my eyes "This ain't no girl of his" the skeleton smiled at me, I could tell by that look he knew who I was in an instant "shake her down" he ordered. Two hands were placed under my arms while the other man shoved his hand in my pockets. Collecting all my belongings, he placed them on a nearby counter. The skeleton skimmed across the items. Picking up my phone, he turned it on "password" turning my head to him, I frowned deeply "do I have to repeat myself?" he questions, looking slightly amused. We both new I was powerless and he enjoyed it. I told him the password to my phone as bones soon began tapping on the glass screen, I could only watch as he carelessly scrolled through. "Heh so you knew about us, you even found out who I am now" his smile seemed to grow slightly, but seconds later it twisted. "Yet you planned to leave" he breathed, his irises becoming sharp as he gave me a deadly glare. Placing my phone in his pocket, he stared at the table of stuff again. Crossing my fingers I hoped he didn't find the ticket. And as always, luck was against me. he removed the plane ticket from the small pile, and burned it to ashes in a burst of  blue flames. Walking back up the marble stair case, he was interrupted "What should we do with her now boss?" one asked. "Just chuck her in a freezer" he answered, without a sign of concern in his words.